International Cabernet Sauvignon Day

Super Sonoman 2006 Cab is a good wine. I was gifted a few bottles and have thoroughly enjoyed them. Super Sonoman is a smaller winery that produces via custom crush with Vinify Wine Services.

Snagged the Raised By Wolves, looking forward to it! Also was the first sucker on the Tom Eddy…Haven’t had my name in the lime light like that for a while! Hoping it’s tasty. Couldn’t pull the trigger on the really pricey one. sighs I need to win the lottery I guess. :wink:

Ya it’s like my own woot off. the wifes gonn kill me.

I saw my name and thought i’d chime in. I am glad you liked the 06’ Super Sonoman. That vineyards is at about 1000’ on the west side of of Redwood Hill. We have it planted 4x4 and it is a cane pruned vineyard with four different cab clones. I oaked it for two years in 100% new French Oak. 06’ was a cool vintage and the tannins needed time but it is starting to taste right to me at this point and probably has another 10 years on it.

I think you meant inter-national. As in here, not there.

Anyone have any experience with the Healdsburg Cab? I’m thinking about it but not ready to invest in a full case without some feedback from the community. What say you?

My ‘insider’ take: The HR guys honestly deliver for the price. Easy-drinking, Tuesday night burger wine. Their Zin does the same.

Had a bottle of Dignus Malbec last night, so naturaly I just picked up a 6 pac of the Cab

You sold me on the HR. I’ve been concentrating more on higher-end Cabs lately so was in need of some inexpensive easy-drinking Cabs for casual quaffing and potential gifting. These should do nicely!

Although I wasn’t there for the full tasting session, I did manage to swish & spit at least 10 different wines and the '06 Tom Eddy was my favorite, followed by the White Cottage Ranch Homestead Cab.

I’m in for 2 on the Tom Eddy deal. Did anyone else notice that there were only 44 cases of the '06 TE Cab Sauv VSR produced?

Agree completely on both counts – in for two of the TE, would do the WCR Homestead if I hadn’t already bought 3 last time on Woot.

We visited WCR back in June, and the Homestead was our favorite – but out of our comfort zone at $125 at the winery – still a stretch but worth it at the Woot price.

I held out the whole weekend, but I’m pulling the trigger. I blame your review for adding this pair to my collection :slight_smile:

Convinced myself that the Tom Eddy was worth a purchase. Took three days. And finally look to see it won’t ship to CT. That’s two of the plus offers today that won’t get sold since they can’t ship here.