Introducing Your Contenders for Derby #36: Text As Art

WOW…I really thought the best design by far was Om by Enin. Regardless, congrats to the winners.

Derby #36 End Estimates by ShirtDerbyStats.com

1st Place:
Fog’d: 3 days, 22 hours
Gettysburg Address (872 estimated votes)
by: Shigwarm

2nd Place:
Fog’d: 2 days, 23 hours
Pie Of Pi’s (760 estimated votes)
by: jamescho84

3rd Place:
Fog’d: 5 days, 20 hours
Nevermore (735 estimated votes)
by: haxrox

4th Place:
Fog’d: 5 days, 23 hours
Quoth the Raven (711 estimated votes)
by: personnemaime

Abe in first! Really? I didn’t follow the numbers this week. Just couldn’t get excited about the designs fogged entries. So, I didn’t follow their hotness numbers. But your predictions surprise me. Guess we’ll know tonight.

In any event…congrats to the designers with fogged entries. And, congratulations for getting these done in time for the newly-vamped payout.

Only shirt of intrest was Cho’s cow shirt. But congrats on all designs. Just not for me.

congrats to the top 4!

My husband will really want Abe & Pie. My girls and I also want Pie, so crossing fingers that the sds numbers are close this week!

Would anyone really buy both ravens, or was it two completely different groups of people who voted for each separately?

Woohoo! I’m not going to spend much this derby! =D Pi is the only one I’d get.

Little known fact: Abe Lincoln’s nickname among his closest friends was “The Raven”. Also, four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie. And I don’t mean crows.

I understand that the Abe shirt was well designed, but do that many people really want to wear Abraham Lincoln on their chests? l o l

Congrats to the winners, but they’re not personally for me, so my bank account will be sighing in relief this weekend. :wink:

Me too. I can’t believe it didn’t win. :frowning:

I only voted for the one made of the poem.

Two shirts designs from the same clichéd poem. And another variation on the everpopular (and entirely beyond unoriginal) ‘pi’ shirt.

Bravo.

I don’t know why you consider this poem cliché. Explain please.

what the heck happened to sam jackson?

I might get Nevermore. The others, meh. I personally thought there were some way cooler designs (like Om, and others that were sadly nowhere near winning such as Encore!, Stop Labeling Me!, Buzz Bee and Leonardo Da Vinci’s Handwriting).

Great! All the POE! Nice! I love the Pi shirt best!
I also liked the OM shirt. Come on, WOOT!, can we haz OM plezes.
There were some great designs in this derby! Lovely!

I’ll be a sucker for the Lincoln shirt…

If the Ravens were packaged as a 2-fer, I’d def get it, as it is… ehhh

Still good choices this week! Last week’s spring theme was a little… effeminate… for me, even if the robot one was pretty cool looking. :slight_smile:

I gotta be honest, I don’t think I saw a design in this whole derby that I’d buy.