Introducing Your Contenders for Derby #44: Summer

Indeed. Jaden finds herself back in the running again as well!

HERE HERE (or is it HEAR HEAR or is it HEAR YE HEAR YE?)

Congratulations to all in the fog! Well deserved!

I think they’re petitioning for shirts that show off their knockers, so they can then yell at men for looking at their shown-off attributes.

But… but… I don’t want anyone looking at my bewbs!! Certainly not to read or study something that I have chosen to buy and display on my person! The nerve.

But, to the poster who mentioned the women’s shirts… they ARE cut differently. The sleeves are definitely shorter than on a regular t-shirt. I’m wearing Treacherous Waters right now, and if I raise my arms at all, I’m glad I shaved this morning :slight_smile: The shirts could definitely be MORE feminine, but they are better than the men’s. I would love a v-neck shirt, but throwing something like that in the mix would jack up the design placement, I think. Too complicated.

AND, what a great collection of artists in the fog. Sad eHalcyon’s turtles didn’t quite make it, and I hope Zenne can pull off a tie!

Yes, you’re absolutely right and I do know the cut for women is different but I still contend it’s not different enough. There are shirts, like Bella or Anvil, offered on other sites, that are so much more flattering.

Lordy “knockers” if only you knew how small I am.

And as for your other stunningly well articulated point, what kind of English is “shown off attributes”?! I recommend you not only haul yourself into the 21st century and try to realize that it’s not all about men, but also absorb a little Strunk and White while you’re at it. It helps to write well if you want to make a point (even if your point is weak and self-absorbed).

Yes, you’re absolutely right and I do know the cut for women is different but I still contend it’s not different enough. There are shirts, like Bella or Anvil, offered on other sites, that are so much more flattering.

aww I was praying that Zenne’s shirt would end up printing :frowning:
grats to all the winners though

Because 1st place was consistently higher in the New Hotness than 2nd place. I watched closely all week and TGentry’s entry was almost always in the New Hotness and almost always very high up. Cho’s entry was there consistently as well, but usually closer to the middle. 3rd and 4th seemed to both drop in and out of the New Hotness.

I’d say it would be more beneficial to consider how a scooped or V-neck would effect the design you so dearly needed in a sexier style than it would be for me to brush up for the sake of the occasional awkward grammar. The average woot design, especially those which are centered or large, would not benefit from a different womens’ style. Guess who’s going to get blamed when someone foolishly buys Finding Technicolor on a Vneck? Not the person who decided to buy a design on a garment that wouldn’t fit it… they’d blame woot for the printing.

In summary, I’ll keep my Strunk & White for reference in non-colloquial speech, but recommend that you bone up on a little design in between your neo-feminist tracts.

Just noticed, looking back at it that “Summertime” was in the fog for a whole 3 minutes. I saw it in the fog earlier and apparently it went out, but man, 3 minutes. Something a bit fishy there, no pun intended.

5th and 4th were duking it out the last 12 hrs. Nothing fishy on that end.

nice! Number one shirt, in the fog from entry time, and you got it within 20 votes. impressive!

number 2 shirt, with 867 votes, within 35 votes. still impressive. ;^)

Thanks, not to toot my own horn, but I think I have my programming pretty dialed in and as close to perfect as I can get on these estimates…

Someone above posted that my stats were ‘wacked’ out all week, well they must not have been wacked out too much :stuck_out_tongue:

Much <3 to my SDS visitors, loyal or skeptical :stuck_out_tongue: hehe

Can I suggest some more badges?

1. Most entries made in the derby. Since it’s a stat you present on the page, it seems natural to give it a badge, since you’ve got Reject King and the Remover already.

2. Woot Honourable Mentions.

When I wrote that, I was mainly talking about the 3rd & 4th place spots.

Several times one design would get kicked from the hotness and be voted back in placing it well above in vote total than the current 3rd place entry. Also the 3rd &4th place entries were consistently one vote apart or having the same total.

Hence why I said TG’s as first, James’s as second, and a toss up for Jaden & Zenne. TG and Jame’s lemons were in the hotness more consistently, and will both probably have very close vote totals to SDS approximations. Zenne’s is almost certainly an exact value or within a handful of votes. Jaden’s is a wildcard though, it could easily match Zenne’s for votes or be significantly higher.