Introducing Your Contenders for Derby #48: Bugs

Derby #48 End Estimates by ShirtDerbyStats.com

1st Place:
Fog’d: 6 days, 0 hours
At Last We Meet . . . (660 estimated votes)
by: sokowa

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/sokowa/At_Last_We_Meet_._._._-kb8fhd-s.jpg

2nd Place:
Fog’d: 5 days, 23 hours
Against the Sky (black) (647 estimated votes)
by: Mitohapa

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/Mitohapa/Against_the_Sky_(black)-xfmrwi-s.jpg

3rd Place:
Fog’d: 5 days, 0 hours
The Butterfly Effect (534 estimated votes)
by: chogentry

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/chogentry/The_Butterfly_Effect-k8ono2-s.jpg

4th Place:
Fog’d: 7 minutes
42 Honeycombs (501 estimated votes)
by: eHalcyon

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/eHalcyon/42_Honeycombs-fzsv48-s.jpg

Grats to the final 4 and I can’t wait to have Cho-Gentry’s butterflies when they print!!!

looks like e is going to just miss again, if the estimates are correct. I feel sorry for you.

EDIT: that’s not to say I don’t like the other designs, because they’re all good, but it must be hard to keep being barely out of it.

Not at all. It’s really encouraging to have such a strong finish. When I joined woot and began submitting to the derby, my goal was simply to have fun with it and to improve my art. From the votes, I think I’ve been doing that. I’m proud of every design I put out there and it’s wonderful to see that other people like my work as well.

Congratulations to sokowa, mitohapa, tgentry and cho. You guys are inspirations. :slight_smile:

I really like the butterfly shirts. Looks like I’ll be spending $15 for them, though, since I’m going to be internet-less at the lake all weekend. >.<

Awesome attitude E :slight_smile: And congrats to all. You guys have such unique styles and it’s a joy to be part of this group. Every week you all challenge me.

Just want to congratulate the top 4. Nice work all!
searching in couch cushions for lost change to buy shirts

I agree with sokowa! Awesome attitude E - looks like sokowa is “in the money” but all 4 designs are worthy. This derby had much better submissions that I expected when the topic was announced.

Since I am not an artist, I will keep buying! People love the shirts, and always want to know where I got them…

For one who submitted late, I think it’s unfair that designs that had more time for people to vote on them got picked over better designs that were submitted later in the derby.

There were much better designs in the derby then these 4, by far.

and I think it’s unfair that designs that were worked on all weekend get to compete against quick-and-dirty one day pieces submit at the start.

Or, to put it another way, whine whine whine whine whine

Part of the challenge in the derby is creating something that voters will like within a short time frame. Besides that, there are plenty of late entries that do well. Of four who finished in the fog this week, chogentry’s was entered late. And even though I submitted right on time, I didn’t make it into the fog until three or four hours afterwards - from the initial votes, I thought mine was a flop.

“Better” is a very subjective term. Personally, I think the best entry IS in the fog - chogentry’s Butterfly Effect. The concept is great and the execution is amazing. I think it’s one of the best designs they’ve ever submitted, and given their remarkable record, that’s saying something. Would everyone agree? Heck no.

Anyway, submitting early may generally be beneficial, but there have been many late winners as well. It’s not only about timing.

sokowa and msj - thanks. :slight_smile:

And sokowa - way to rock the old school shirt comps!

Congratulations to everyone! You all deserved placement. So many wonderful entries in this derby! Wish we could have had top 10 winners for this one.

Congrats to everyone! I loved the butterfly designs and also the bee design. I see a few late nights for me coming up!

Can’t wait to buy Cho and Tgentrys butterfly shirt for me and Mitohapas butteryfly shirt for my sister!

I love the butterfly shirt and will probably get one but I’m really worried about how the details of the design will turn out. I’ve read things in the past about thin lines and lighter colors having issues printing. Anyways, awesome design Mitohapa! :slight_smile:

is there going to be a derby for puppy dogs and rainbows? I’m all over that.

A big congratulations goes out to the four artists who made it through the fog! These designs are seriously awesome. I cannot wait to get my own Butterfly Effect shirt because I absolutely love the colors. Good work all, these truly are some of the best in the derby.

Congratulations to all the foggers! Curious which buttefly will print tonight. They should be relatively close as far as the votes go.

Congratulations again!