Introducing Your Contenders for Derby #56: Your Favorite Element

Derby #56 End Estimates by ShirtDerbyStats.com

I’m going to stick with my estimates and say that Tinman really CAN and will steal 3rd place with a surge of votes it got at the end.

But then again, it’s really, really close! So be sure to tune in all weekend to see if your favorite has grabbed a printing position! I know I’ll be there!

1st Place:
Fog’d: 4 days, 14 hours
Uranium: 92 Protons of Boom (622 estimated votes)
by: kdeuce

2nd Place:
Fog’d: 2 days, 4 hours
Tin: Old Skool (594 estimated votes)
by: rglee129

3rd Place:
Fog’d: 4 minutes
Tin:Tin Man Can (517 estimated votes)
by: Patchitect

4th Place:
Fog’d: 17 minutes
Plutonium: Powers This Shirt (514 estimated votes)
by: uhhuhhuhhuh

Congrats guys - if ever there would be a three way tie for third! Good luck.

congrats to all for of you! what a tight race

looks like I’m be up late Saturday night looking for a tie for 3rd!

Congratulations to the fogged designs. Looks like Old Skool and Uranium are definite prints. I’m not sure who to root for between the Tin Man Can and Plutonium. I personally prefer the Tin Man Can, but Plutonium is a different element and a different shirt colour - variety is always good. I wish an equal amount of luck to both Patch and uhhuhhuhhuh, thereby making no difference whatsoever (that is, if my wishing of luck could make a difference). :happy:

That’s so weird. When I looked right at 11:00 (mountain time), tgentry was in the fog and the Patchitect was not. I think that third place will really be a hard guess, and very well could be a two way or three way tie.

Congratulations to all the designs that ended in the top ten this time around! I don’t think I’ve ever seen the fog vary so much.

I actually don’t think there will be a tie. SDS estimates are probably really, really close to correct since 3rd-5th place designs were bouncing in and out of the fog (revealing the actual vote counts often) and they were all in the hotness at the end.

“One of these designs will go on sale sometime over the weekend - the other three will go down in near-miss history.”

Wait - did I miss something? They are only printing one of these designs?

“Come back Friday at midnight to see (and, of course, buy) the Derbylympics first-place winner. Then do the same thing Saturday and Sunday morning. Please? Thanks for Derbying!”

No, I think they forgot to change the autofill page when a derby ends. Hehehe.

I would have thought that the uranium tee and the old skool tee would have been rejected due to text, but they didn’t.

Cool. I am really digging that uranium.

EDIT: I’m a dummy. The NO TEXT note is for this week’s derby. D’oh!

The two questions i have regarding SDS for last minute voting are:
1: SDS seems to assume that 4th place is one vote ahead of 5th place no matter what. The derby tally maybe be a tie for 4th and 5th place, and placement is determined by who entered later. - thus 4th and 5th maybe tied based on SDS scoring

2: Time synch. is SDS 1:00 the same as Woots 1:00? not sure if SDS’s estimated voting based on Votes per hour can be considered accurate if thier cut off time is different.

Not that much can be done about these things, and SDS has the best estimates availible, so like always, we’ll have to wait till sunday to find out!

Good luck Uhhuhhuhhuhhuh…uh…huh…

GO URANIUM!

A tie between 4th and 5th wouldn’t be that important. I’d hazard a guess that cwar would have tried to synch SDS with Woot as closely as possible. The votes per hour I don’t trust at all though - during the Derbylympics, one of the designs in the fog showed twice the votes per hour of another but the estimate for the second one was far higher and both had been entered in the derby around the same time.

Derbys over… cut back on your username…

Somebody set us up the bomb?

We get signal.

aw man, plutonium looked awesome! oh well, theres always teefury : )

COME ON TIE FOR THIRD!!! I really like both of the shirts. I wasn’t sure about the tinman at first, but I will buy both 3rd and 4th place shirts. And if I get them both for $10, all the better.

sounds like you need more of my username.

Awww yeah. If Old Skool gets printed I am SO going to purchase one and wear it around SW fans!