Introducing Your Contenders for Derby #59: At The Luau

Derby #59 End Estimates by ShirtDerbyStats.com

It’s going to be a close call between 3rd and 4th again this week. Be sure to tune in to Shirt.Woot to see if your favorite will get printed!

1st Place:
Fog’d: 5 days, 23 hours
Liquid Hibiscus (791 estimated votes)
by: bvillarreal

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/bvillarreal/Liquid_Hibiscus-2ezs0z-s.jpg

2nd Place:
Fog’d: 5 days, 11 hours
Fire Dancer (593 estimated votes)
by: AnnaJo

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/AnnaJo/Fire_Dancer-iiui52-s.jpg

3rd Place:
Fog’d: 2 days, 18 hours
Plumeria Paradise (569 estimated votes)
by: OpenDesign

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/OpenDesign/Plumeria_Paradise-sr0ssa-s.jpg

4th Place:
Fog’d: 1 hours, 41 minutes
The Pig Fights Back (558 estimated votes)
by: theinfinityloop

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/theinfinityloop/The_Pig_Fights_Back-r1610k-s.jpg

I hope the pig did better the shirtstats says. I liked that one the best of these four.

Did the hibicius one really do that well? I don’t remember seeing it in the hotness at all over the last two days. Oh well, just couldn’t remember if it was or not.

Great work artists!

C’mon piggie! :slight_smile:

Seriously, my wife might wear the plumeria (I have one in my office) too.

Skektek, I like the sponge shirt by the way. :slight_smile:

Neat seeing so many new artists using Cameesa. I put two on there, but my %'s haven’t changed much.

The fire dancing one might take 1st … it sure was getting a lot of attention. But, it will be interesting to see which 3 get printed.

Congratualtions to all those who fogged. It was another battle for sure!

I saw your’s also. I like the greenish one (bonquet?). I just don’t know if I can justify putting $20 towards one shirt. I like looking at shirts on DBH and Threadless but never bought one as the stretch my shirt budget a little and as a college student…that makes eating regularly tight. If I could put $5 or $7 towards a shirt or even $10 I might do it.

I do hope the pig one prints as it was great and should be printed. Also, I’m sick of asphalt and it bugs me when two asphalt shirts get printed as they did in the last derby. Out of what, six colors? Woot voters picked two, TWO asphalt shirts to print. Ugh. :slight_smile:

The last 2 are so close! I really hope the pig pulled it off…or at least tied! I’ll be on the edge of my seat at midnight the next 3 nights!!

Looks like I wont have to spend my money this weekend. No offense to the winners, but I just not really into any of these designs.

Yay, they fixed the WootBot message! :slight_smile:

I might break down and get the fire shirt if it prints, because the flames are just stunning. The rest don’t thrill me at all, I’m afraid.

16 colors, I believe. Makes all of the asphalt even worse :slight_smile:

I’ll be completely honest here. This is the most disappointing derby results yet. The artwork is nice, but 3 of the 4 shirts look like tourist shirts. The 4th I can’t imagine anyone would wear.

Plumeria Paradise is by far, my favorite for the derby winners.
Though the ones I wanted to win didn’t even come close. Sad stuff.

Also very sick of the asphalt. Sorry to say I don’t like these shirts with the exception of the pig one. The rest do look like tourist shirts to me. There were some great designs though, like Toe’s luau angel which I hope to buy someday.

I usually reserve the top spot for the Consumerism derby, but this is indeed one of the top 5 most pathetic and disappointing final fogs I’ve ever seen, bar none.

I voted for all, so I would say I am happy with the fog.

Hmm I’d say the only derby with worse results than this one was the pixel themed one. With so many people voting for these winners, I’m rethinking my taste in style. Seriously, wtf.

Congrats anyways!

The last few derbies, they got 3rd and 4th switched so you might be in luck

I was really hoping slushed would make a miracle run at the fog, but oh well. Love that one… There’s always the do-over derby.