Introducing Your Contenders for Derby #67: Video Games Through Art History

Thanks for the votes and comments on my Plumber entry. This was one of the best derbies in quite a while and I think my competition in the final fog really reflects that (though you could have grabbed about two dozen designs more at random and had a good fog with those too). Nice job guys and good luck.

I think it’s obvious kdeuce is 1st. By far the most artistic and creative entry. Great job!

And fofmock and tgentry prolly round out the top three. Good designs, folks.

Derby #67 End Estimates by ShirtDerbyStats.com

Ordering a little different this week, I’m going to solidly place kdeuce in first, and then place 2nd-4th based on time in the fog. I had a little hiccup with my servers last weekend and I think that skewed the results a bit, so I had to do them a little by hand this week.

1st Place:
Fog’d: 5 days, 23 hours
To the Top in the Style of Da Vinci (1034 estimated votes)
by: kdeuce

2nd Place:
Fog’d: 6 days, 0 hours
Plumber in the style of Rembrandt (688 estimated votes)
by: tgentry

3rd Place:
Fog’d: 1 days, 8 hours
Tetris in the style of MC Escher (816 estimated votes)
by: fofmock

4th Place:
Fog’d: 11 minutes
(Yet Another) Tetris design in the Mondrian Style (690 estimated votes)
by: SkekTek

I think my plumber might actually be in 3rd. The Tetris one by fofmock had a really strong run at the end.

I’m assuming you didn’t slip far down to where I am, so yeah, congrats! A lot of work obviously went into yours.

ya you may be right… this one was a little all over the place… I’ll be checking right at midnight, I’d love to have a plumber shirt :slight_smile:

It’s quite possible mine could have. Since it didn’t drop from the fog it’s impossible to guess at. Either way, best of luck Skek, I think it was a really strong entry.

This derby was fun to watch. I’m definitely in for Plumber and To The Top, both just stick out to me, I really liked them since I first saw them. A lot of other designs were excellent as well, so I can’t wait for the honorable mentions.

Congrats to everyone that prints, see you all here @ 1 AM.

How does this work exactly? Why does the 2nd place contender have the fewest estimated votes?

For the first time in woot history, the top 3 is precisely as I’d wanted them to be. Looks like I’ll be out $30 this weeked :smiley:

I’m definitely in for both plumber and davinci. Not a big fan of the tetris ones.

Hmm i hope both tetris shirts dont win. i would prefer the one that was done by fofmok.
its really the only one i would buy, im on the edge about the mario one.

typo or shouldn’t 3 be 2, 2 be 4, or and 4 be 3

I am buying all three shirts, no matter which ones out of the four are chosen.

There was a problem with SDS this week. For at least the first two days (if I remember correctly), SDS for some reason wasn’t able to grab the derby info from woot, so it wasn’t able to count all those votes from the beginning of the derby, when the numbers are largest. cwarr is estimating most of these by hand now.

Personally, I’d guess that the votes for To The Top would be way more than 1034. I think it’s going to rival the current record holder (1408 votes for the Gameboy costume shirt). And since Skek’s design was waffling in and out of the fog, I’d have to guess that it’s fourth. Seond and third are a toss up for me. Mario was in the fog from the beginning and never fell out once, but I almost never saw it in the hotness. The Tetris waterfall had a great run at the end.

Uh oh another near miss Derby. I hope it isn’t Mario.

This was all rather exciting… I have only entered 3 other derbies before and this one just had me on edge. Thanks all for the votes! On a side note, based on the Tetris one by SkekTek only being in the fog for 11 minutes at the end, it makes it very unlikely to be top 3, but who knows what could happen. Kdeuce is first, theres no question there, but second im anxious to see

I really want the Mondrian tetris shirt… only shirt I’d really buy. Guess I’ll have to check back Saturday night. It’s a shame they can’t print 4 derbies per week and put 5 in the fog. The 4th place derby shirt is routinely better than any of the dailies.

eHalcyon speaks the truth, i think i’ve fixed any issues like the ones i had the last two weeks, so i’ll be back to being semi accurate this week…