Introducing Your Contenders for Derby #72: Book Titles Re-Interpreted

Derby #72 End Estimates by ShirtDerbyStats.com

1st Place:
Fog’d: 5 days, 23 hours
Inspired by One Fish, Two Fish (1416 estimated votes)
by: ramyb

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/ramyb/Inspired_by_One_Fish,_Two_Fish-pq3qk3-s.jpg

2nd Place:
Fog’d: 3 days, 16 hours
Inspired by How to Draw 101 Animals (1036 estimated votes)
by: tgentry

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/tgentry/Inspired_by_How_to_Draw_101_Animals-n07kuf-s.jpg

3rd Place:
Fog’d: 10 hours, 26 minutes
Inspired By The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe (829 estimated votes)
by: DeadFrog

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/DeadFrog/Inspired_By_The_Lion_the_Witch_and_the_Wardrobe-xm30bd-s.jpg

4th Place:
Fog’d: 44 minutes
Inspired by Harry Potter (823 estimated votes)
by: riffmaster18

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/riffmaster18/Inspired_by_Harry_Potter-bfd3vg-s.jpg

Meh, unless we get a tie, I’m disappointed. No offense to the person who made the Hairy Potter, but I was glad to see it drop from the fog. I’m just kinda left flat by this week’s fogged shirts, but the derby itself was great.

i agree, i don’t like the fog at all. i’m not a fan of fish on shirts, but that one to me is the only one that looks half decent. the others just look silly and not in a good way.

If that’s how you guys feel, you need to bring your friends to woot. Since these shirts are selected by people who have bought something from woot and then voted, it will take getting more voters to get the shirts you prefer to win.

Even though I already have a shirt with two fish on the side, I think I’ll buy one fish two fish. The execution is wonderful and the water really managed to achieve a transparent, flowing look.
I too was glad when Harry Potter dropped from the fog… But then it came back, and dragged the Narnia shirt with it…

I’m definitely sad to see that the Call of the Wild Shirt was dropped from fog. Artistically, it’s the best one out there (besides the fish, which I agree that we have too many fishes on t-shirts sometimes). D: Oh woe is me. I was actually goin to buy it this week.

Most of my friends wouldn’t care - I voted how I voted and put in requests to the artists of shirts I liked which clearly weren’t making it (Wrinkle in Time and the rejected Electric Sheep) so I know when they go up for sale elsewhere.

I’m happy to see tgentry’s How to Draw 101 Animals, made it. Since I’m a big fan of drawing/animation, I’m pretty sure that it’s a must-have shirt for me. Congratulations contenders! :slight_smile:

Well I won’t be buying any of these. nothing exciting to me here. Oh well I’ll have to keep an eye out for the daily’s after but I have a feeling it will be a while before I pick up one here again.

I really hope tgentry’s entry gets first. I wanna buy that one tonight. I think the fish was good, I just didn’t feel like it was 1st place good.

Agreed. I was hoping too much from this derby I suppose. Not that there weren’t other non-fogged entries I loved…

The fish shirt is the only one that I might be interested in…even though the reference is kind of overdone, it has style. I think the problem with Call of the Wild is that it’s a skillful design, but not very appealing to wear as a shirt to most dudes. I don’t really like the Narnia one as it’s not an “interpretation,” but at least it prevented Hairy Potter from making it to 3rd place.

It saddens me that with all the amazing shirts that were created this week, not a one of them made it into the fog.

I expect One Fish Two Fish and Gentry’s Animals will sell pretty well and stick around a little while, and that’s fine and good because both are good shirts, but with all the work that impressed me, it’s sad that not a one could even squeeze into 3rd against total literalism and punnery that borders on loathsome.

There is a chance I will be buyin at least 2 shirts. Harry Potter and How to draw animals. Good Luck!!!

I wanted the Harold and the purple crayon shirt!!!
I didnt like this durby or any of the winning shirts :frowning:

Thanks s.w! You managed to put together a Derby that I am happy to sit out. Even my daughter wouldn’t want one of these… More $$ for the Christmas presents, I guess.

i don’t understand why people don’t like this derby. i am happy hairy potter made the top four, i might pick up that one if it makes top three and shirt.

Because I really don’t need two fish swimming up my chest, I like tgentry’s thoughts on drawing, but I don’t need bunnies on my chest either. My father in law, who hates rabbits, may then have an excuse to take me out. I don’t need a cheesy literal The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe across my chest, even if it has the super-fancy-schmancy antiqued brush look going on, and because although I did like the movie, I have never read the book. And who needs a hairy blue monster pun? Again, I liked some of the movies, but have read nary a page of those books. (edit - although I might have liked it better if it was a Hairy {one-eyed purple} Potter.)

That’s why I don’t like them. Thanks for asking, I feel better.

That also has one horn, flies and eats people? :smiley: