Introducing Your Contenders for Derby #73: Optimism

What happened? I never actually saw it in the fog and had written off the possibility of getting Wonderful Day one or two (at the most) days before counting ends. Then I look now and its slated to print? Not really complaining, just odd.

Indeed.

this durby was stupid
as are the winning shirts.
Woot you havn’t put out anything good in weeks :frowning:

…stick figures putting a bag over their head, and they look like a rip off of cyanide & happiness…pffff how easy.

If I remember correctly (and I might not), A Wonderful Day was in the fog for almost all of Friday, but it got pushed out on Saturday shortly after midnight by the dual onslaught of Grim Optimism and Easy Optimism. It bounced in and out with Optimistic Courtship for a while, but the latter quickly took a firm seat in the fog.

The fog then remained static for a long time. On Tuesday, however, A Wonderful Day began invading Fog territory again, pushing Optimistic Courtship out - it wasn’t a big surprise that Courtship was at the bottom of the fog. A bigger surprise came when The Counter-Productive Optimist fell out as well, meaning that there was a real race for third rather than just a So-Close 4th place finish.

Wednesday, a little after midnight, the fog was pretty much settled and Optimistic Courtship was left in fifth. Whenever I checked, A Wonderful Day was at the top of the hotness and The Counter-Productive Optimist was only ever a few votes behind. Of course I didn’t keep tabs on it all through the night, but when I checked again in the morning, A Wonderful Day was still at the top. It was an extremely unexpected last minute push.

Since Easy Optimism never fell out of the fog and had a very strong run at the beginning followed by consistent numbers in the hotness the rest of the week, I doubt that the spike in votes at the end could have pushed A Wonderful Day into second. But I’m optimistic about third. If A Wonderful Day doesn’t make it, I’ll take consolation that tgentry’s design gets printed, since I thought it was the best in the fog.

Kinda new here, does this mean The Counter-Productive Optimist won’t get printed?

I really can’t believe that Counter-Productive didn’t make it…

It was really one of the most clever designs I have ever seen. The other ones just look like things you could get from Target.