Introducing Your Contenders for Derby #77: Alternate History

Derby #77 End Estimates by ShirtDerbyStats.com

The woot update broke my hotness grabbing code, so my estimates are going to be lower than the actual. So as usual, take my estimates with a grain of salt, and check back the next couple nights to see if your favorite got a printing.

1st Place:
Fog’d: 6 days, 0 hours
Columbus discovers seven stranded castaways. (959 estimated votes)
by: edgarrmcherly

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/edgarrmcherly/Columbus_discovers_seven_stranded_castaways.-vhhugn-s.jpg

2nd Place:
Fog’d: 2 days, 2 hours
Who is the Bearded Vigilante?!? (700 estimated votes)
by: tgentry

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/tgentry/Who_is_the_Bearded_Vigilante_!_-edynr1-s.jpg

3rd Place:
Fog’d: 3 days, 16 hours
Vincent’s Alternative (637 estimated votes)
by: theinfinityloop

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/theinfinityloop/Vincents_Alternative-mnakfv-s.jpg

4th Place:
Fog’d: 5 days, 23 hours
Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason (632 estimated votes)
by: geekfactor12

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/geekfactor12/Dinosaurs_Who_Are_Communist_for_Some_Reason-ryeqgg-s.jpg

Why does your second place have less votes than third place?

cause i mixed them up :stuck_out_tongue: hehe thanks for catching that.

It will be a pleasure to come in fourth to this fog- I like them all!

(note: I think this is the first time I have ever liked the whole fog)

Congrats everyone :slight_smile:

Hmm, based on my checking throughout the week I don’t think you’ve quite got the order right, but then again, the fog system isn’t meant to impart accuracy. Nice designs, but I’m hoping tgentry’s get printed since it’s one I would wear.

TIE! TIE! TIE!

I have to agree, this is probably the best fog in my memory… certainly the best since panic. It feels so weird to see a fog and want Tgentry to be the one who DOESN’T print. But that’s mostly selfish. I think for once, fourth place will lose proud to know they were up there with solid work.

I was going to say the same thing a couple of days ago but I didn’t want to jinx it and cause one of the ones I liked to drop out! Happy with this weeks fog, for sure. In fact, I’ll probably be buying all three this weekend. I have my own top 3 picks, but if the one that is my own personal 4th place prints, I’ll pick it up as well since I know exactly to whom I’ll gift it.

Congrats to all!

Agree with the rest, this is the best Fog since I’ve been here. I’d be happy with all four, and will probably end up buying all three that print.

Good luck to you all !

(p.s. Go Buy The Choice Was Not Hard !)

I was going to come in here and say “this should be a fog even Adder approves of” and sure enough

Though I would like to buy all the winners this derby, there is just no way. Soooooooo…GO VAN GOGH!

GO VAN GOGH!

but here’s the easiest way to get all of the fog: TIE TIE TIE!!! That would make my week.

mine as well.
i must have those dinos.
must.have.them.

A nice fog it is, but it’s definitely tainted with the two rejections that happened in it.

Gotta agree with this. There’s no way that CommieDinos has only one more vote than the fifth place shirt, especially with the length it was in the fog.

Granted, this may just be because I really really want CommieDinos, but I think its higher than fourth. Tie’d be nice.

if the dinosaurs don’t get printed I’m gonna cry for months and months and months :frowning:

Which 2 were rejected? I wasn’t paying close enough attention I guess…

They rejected Radiomode’s “Mona”. I think that was what people are talking about. Maybe Ramy’s mayflower, too, but with all the bouncing in and out of the fog that was doing (and considering it was rejected, I believe, before Vincent or DaVinci or possibly even Mona hit the fog) the chances that that would have printed even without rejecting were slim and nil.

Mayflower was pretty solidly into the fog when it was rejected (according to shirt derby stats) it had a good 50 or 60 votes on commie dinos which seems like enough to offset sds’s margin of error. Davinci actually hit the fog as a result of this one dropping.

That’s actually not true, it was in 5th when it got rejected :stuck_out_tongue: