Invicta Men's Subaqua Stainless Steel Chronograph Watch

You got them from the wrong place, most offer a FREE upgrade to a 5 year warranty.

Meh. I’m done with watches that need batteries, need winding, etc. I’ll stick with my solar-power Citizen Eco-Drive. Looks better than this Invicta (to me, anyway) and keeps excellent time. I’ve had it for several years now and still love it.

As a a watch collector, I must say that Invicta makes some of the ugliest watches. I know that well because I subscribe to ChronoShark and InvictaShark, which features several Invicta watches a day. They’re all variants of that ugly tank-like design. Their subaqua series is especially ugly, but not as ugly as their Russian diver watches (with their oversized crowns). Where are the elegant minimalist designs or extra functionality?

Perfectly ostentatious watch for all the diving you’ll do in your cubicle at work.

Curse my girly sized wrists! What exercises can I do to make them more manly?

Invictas are over priced and over hyped garbage. Bought 2 and both had problems within a year.

I sell this watch at work. Please, guys, only get this if you’re a BIG guy. This is a very large watch - if you’re thick-wristed or very tall, go for it. It will look absolutely stupid on you if you’re of an average build.

Best way I can say it, if you’re under 6’2", make sure you’re built like a Samoan. Otherwise, you’ll look ridiculous to the ladies.

Note that none of those reviews are from a verified Amazon purchaser.

Invicta has a history of horrible quality control and terrible customer service if you’re “in warranty.”

They look nice, but they aren’t made nice.

Typically in their quartz watches, the only thing Swiss in them is the battery.

Orient, Seagull, Citizen, or even Casio would be a better option than the Invictas.

Good luck.

I had this same watch and loved the way it looked and felt on my arm but after two weeks of wearing the watch it stopped working and band broke aswell. Wouldnt take this thing if it were free, beware very poorly made watch.

Every time an Invicta watch goes up on Woot, I have to do my part and warn people about how terrible these watches are.

Like I mentioned last time, I’ve changed hundreds upon hundreds of watch batteries, and at least as many watch bands, and there is absolutely no contest, whatsoever. Invicta makes the absolute crappiest watches I’ve ever seen. I am not exaggerating one bit when I say that 10 dollar Timex watches have better build quality.

You see, Invicta used to be a decent watch company, decades ago. Then it was purchased by another company and began being made in China. It looks, feels and works like it’s made in China.

The split pins crumple and bend like they’re made of tin, the crystal faces are flawed and very soft, the watch band links are poorly manufactured and don’t sit squarely together, the spring pins that hold the band to the watch are weak and fail often.

Invicta does that bullsh*t marketing tactic of listing $600-700+ “MSRP” retail prices and “slashing” them down to 80-90 bucks to make them look like a deal.

In reality, they’re 15 dollar watches made in China that are sold for 50-150 dollars. Doesn’t matter that the movement is Swiss when it’s put in a Chinese watch case that’s literally made of garbage.

Do yourself a favor and buy a real watch. For this price range, as an earlier poster said, you can purchase a Seiko, Citizen or even some lower level Bulova watches. Spending $179 on an Invicta is just ridiculous.

Sorry, Woot, had to be done.

their quality control is pretty weak. i would recommend a seiko or citizen. i have a citizen nighthawk for the price of this and its a much better watch

I would stay clear of Invicta’s. If you like the look, then I guess go for it … but they are horribly over sized and over priced watches (even at the nice woot discount).

For the price, get yourself anything else like a Citizen, Timex, or Seiko (they have some decently priced automatics). Unless you have giant wrists, a 47mm dial is going to look very tacky. If you want to spend a bit more without getting into ‘ridiculous’ watch prices, even look at something like a Steinhart or Hamilton.

Then again, I am a watch (Omega) nut and think there is something fascinating about wearing an automatic watch (quartz has their places). And yes, people under 30 still wear watches :slight_smile:

you’ve got to be kidding me. flavor flav wouldn’t wear this watch because HE thinks it’s too big.

I’m not a fan of rubber wrist bands on watches made for fashion. this thing might as well have a calculator on it.

Flame-fusion crystal??? A fancy name for cheap glass. No thanks. It looks nice though.
I have a Tissot(PR100 flyback) for 10 years with real sapphire crystal and it shows no scratches.

I’m sorry, I love some Invicta watches, I really do. But this one is just plain ugly. The band, the face, all of it. Not my style. Pass.

I just wish I could find a watch that has the actual name of the day, plus the number of the month. It’s gotten impossible to find them unless I want to spend a fortune, and almost none that are women’s. This thing is ugly as sin, and definitely doesn’t fit my requirements.

Proceed w/ caution. Bought an invicta here and could not set the time. neither invicta or woot accept a return/refund.

Invicta - Latin for imaginary retail price.

I have a couple of Invictas. They make a decent watch if you can get them for $100 or less. For this price, you can definitely find a Seiko or Citizen that will treat you better.

Both Invictas I have owned had their batteries die within 6 months of getting it. That’s a pain in the butt.

They do tend to be large watches, so if you have a big wrist like I do, they look good and wear well. If they weren’t so hyper slapping “INVICTA” on every part of the watch, it would be much better. They sell a billion of these watches a night on the shop at home channels, that anyone that knows anything about watches knows these are not impressive, not expensive, and nothing to get excited about.

They are NOT investment quality. However, if you like the look of this watch, it probably won’t disappoint you.

That’s a big ass ugly hulk of a watch for men who have small feet.