Invicta Quinotaur Russian Diver Collection Mens Watch

I own several invicta watches. They are… decent. I bought them because of the price so I really can’t complain. They hold up well, their warranty service is amazingly quick.

If I didn’t already have several diving watches this would rock. They are leagues better than the “Molex” brand you get on the corner. I’d take this over most of the wanna-be brands you can find in wal-mart/etc.

What a waste of time! Tick tock. lol

Maybe a good holiday gift, but no easy exchange or returns.

These suck, and they’re not Russian. For a real Russian mechanical watch that’s cheaper and much better than this cheap Quartz watch, check out the Vostok Amphibia.

If the little progress bar at the top is any indication, they have a couple hundred of these to offload. Hopefully it’s deceiving.

Now I’m a watch guy, and am all for interesting and unusual watches of all sorts.

However, I think one of the quickest ways to look like a complete poser tool would be to wear this watch. I mean, if you did dive, you’d have a much higher quality unit, and if you didn’t, well, back to CPT status.

This reminds me of the stuff I saw in the markets in Seoul back when I was in the military. Fake Rolexes, etc. This is probably a step up from the Namdaemum market fare offered to GIs, but not by much.

And I’ve probably seen just as many run like Yugos.

It’s all about the price point. There are two kinds, the cheap, and the expensive. The cheap ones are China made crap. They’re the ones you see on Amazon marked as “90% off of retail.” The expensive ones are actually good, quality watches, but you rarely see those on any form of a deal site.

So, honestly, which category do you expect this to belong to?

From the reviews on Amazon:

"Big and heavy but solid and impresive-looking…

…I accidentally banged it against a car door

it is battery operated

I’m keeping it in the box and saving it for fancy occasions.

I’m giving it four starts and not five beacuse it is SO BIG AND HEAVY"

Flavaflav! This is for you!

In the box:

• Invicta 1433 Quinotaur Russian Diver Collection Mens Watch
  • Instruction Manual
  • Cleaning Cloth

Does anyone really read the instructions that come with a watch?

1. Look at the round part of the watch with numbers on it
  2. The short fat hand indicates the hour
  3. The long fat hand indicates the minute
  4. The long skinny hand indicates the second

Disclaimer:
The time displayed on the watch in no way reflects on the manufactures view of time. Setting the watch to a future or past time may invoke the feelings of time travel; however said time travel is not the expressed intent of the watch.

In Soviet Russia watch wears you.

Oh, Woot. If only you’d post a woman’s divers watch, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

As far as Invicta’s go, if you plan to actually use it while diving, be wary. I owned a woman’s Invicta and it lasted for exactly a year - just past the warranty - before it flooded at only 28ft. Repairing it would have cost more than the watch. I may have gotten the rare dud, but just be careful.

Damn, I could actually use this. But I don’t want to dip into my computer fund.

…butt ugly ~ i’d rather wear my iphone on my wrist, which keeps better time & is more useful!

“Polished stainless steel coin-edge bezel and a solid stainless steel crown complete with a cantina-style screwdown crown protector cap and chain”

Does that mean that huge cap and chain can be removed? If so, I might look into it. Also, what color does it come in? The green and black in the picture, or are there other options?

What we used to use to tell the time before everyone had a cell phone.
I have a titanuim cased Timex diver’s watch with a screwdown crown I bought 25 years ago, still going strong, so I guess I don’t need another. The crystal is getting a little scratched from contact with rocks down caves…

My experience with invictas has been great. Excellent movements very durable. I have 5.

I have three and none of them cost more than $120. All of them run like champs.

Anecdotal experience is anecdotal.

Genuine RUBBER STRAP = SCREAMING INVICTA

So does a Russian Diver watch mean that this thing is ex-KGB?

Heh - gigem and on to the SEC :thumbsup: