Invicta Watches Aplenty

apparently, the movement are made of forged metal, which the triple axis tourbillion movements are not even made of. Unless they mean forged as in forgery.

Aaand now I’m hooked. Thanks for the name drop. Their watches look amazing. Once the shine wears off of the Redline black with rose gold I just ordered, I’ll end up getting a Skagen.

Which watch do you have?

Well, she would be telling the truth because it is set by the manufacturer and not Woot. The CEO of this “made for TV sales” watch brand has been all over the TV “touting” the huge savings you can have over (his) MSRP. So He and Invicta set this price and not Woot. They just print out what Invicta states. Of course what Invicta states is a bunch of Bull Sh*t! The dishonesty is not on the side of Woot.

I’ve thought Invicta watches are kinda silly re their MSRPs, too.

I really like the look of some of the Nixon watches. Anyone have experience, pro or con, with those before I plop down a bill for one? Thx.

Get a Seiko or an Orient. If you want a digital one, go with Casio.

I have an Seiko SNK809, with the metal band. It’s a good watch, but the band rattles like nobody’s business. It’s also pretty small, the band is 17mm wide, the case is 38mm. So if you’ve got big wrists/meaty arms I would think twice about it.

I also have a Casio WVQ-560, It’s one of their waveceptor models and has held up amazingly well over the years. Keeps good time, but occasionally I have to reset the position of the hands if it gets hit. It’s a fairly tall watch though. I have trouble getting it under cuffs sometime. I think it’s around 15mm, so it’s not approaching the 18mm that many of the Invictas in this deal are, but it’s something to watch out for.

My favourite though is my Orient EV0N001B. It’s the same kind of style as the SNK809, but it’s a bit bigger around, a better band, a screw down crown, and has a bezel. Nice and easy for my terrible eyes to see, and better water resistance.

Only one watch for women? Is woot sexist?! :frowning:

You must be new. Woot sells everything from bras to pellet guns to silverware to toys to tools and everything in between. There is almost nothing Woot hasn’t sold. They are not sexist. Just click on one of the umpteen other items they have in all the different woot sales and you’ll find something less offensive to your apparently delicate sensibilities.

I’ve been a watch collector for 43 years. Agreed!

he probably thought…why in the world would this guy bring a disposable watch to jeweler to change its battery. Its like bringing in a mp3 player to get its battery replaced.

Got a wind up diver watch. Dropped it once on carpet and, boom, dead. Invicta wouldn’t cover cost to fix because I dropped it when I was trying to put it on. Great looking watches, but not for butter-fingers like me.

I LOVE AND HATE INVICTA…
They look great, last a long time…

BUT!!!

I am a active and avid diver…

I have lost two Invicta watches to salt water intrusion at depths around 100’. The first watch was an older one and I figured the seals were simply dried out so I bought the absolute best Invicta Russian Divers Watch for a Cenote dive in Tulum Mexico. While maintaining a almost 50’ depth on one occasion we descended to just below 100’. I looked down at my watch and viola… I have a wrist mounted fish tank.

My guess is invicta knows 99% of their customers will never take a watch to the depths they claim their product can withstand.

So I now use a $40 Timex.

Yes, Woot HATES WOMEN AND DUMB PEOPLE… You strike out twice.

Thanks for your recommendations. I appreciate it!

just got a seiko orange monster (rubber band) for 165 off amazon. good watch, really high quality, but the orange is not for everyone. I would recommend a seiko black monster with either a rubber or metal bracelet, metal if you want to be more dressy.

Orient blue mako or blue ray are also nice and are less than 150 dollars. However, these watches are a tad bit small at 41.5 millimeters. I would recommend 42-44 mm for most people (the monster referenced above is 44). Also, stick with the blue – the orient black is more of a dark grey, and a bit disappointing. Their blue on the other hand is shimmering and bootiful.

I also have an orient flight, which is a simple, no-nonsese aviator style watch. It’s nice.

Citizen is my next target.

invicta is infamous for their horrible cusotmer service and the fact that most of their watches use a less-reliable chinese movement.

sorry woot im a big fan but stop trotting out this invicta garbage, invicta watches suck.

You actually plan to dive at 300 feet?

I’m currently wearing the ladies Wildflower watch. It is quite large, not a petite watch at all. I like it fine. The diamonds in the bezel are microscopic. Don’t buy it for the diamonds! The thing I like most about it are the interchangeable bands. They have a quick release pin that makes it easy to change colors. A standard watchband will work if you want something different than the four that come with the watch. I’m very pleased with the hard scratch-resistant face, since I tend to be a bit rough on watches.

Here’s the kicker, though. I bought this same watch on uBid for $30. I know it isn’t worth the $900+ shown for the retail price. It might be worth $90, but I think Amazon is selling it for that price. Still, the watch is solid, not cheap looking, and probably worth at least $90 if you want an over-sized watch for a lady. (I was going to say over-sized lady’s watch, but that is a tad ambiguous and insulting!)

I happen to really like the Roman numerals and glow-in-the-dark hands that are not that common in women’s watches.

YMMV

I bought my Diver Automatic from Woot a few years ago for $69 and the watch has been great, if you wear it every day. Take it off for more than 12 hours, and don’t keep it on a watch winder, and it stops and needs resetting.
I was very happy with it and wore it daily until one of the band pins came loose. It requires a new band and Invicta is asking 3x what I bought the watch for.

Still looking for the perfect aftermarket band and until then, I’m sporting my Seiko Sportura

How often do you, or any divers go bellow 100 meters? I have been a certified diver since I was 13 and have never gone bellow 50 meters. It requires special gear to get to those depths.

Nixon makes some of my favorite watches for that price range. However I will give the warning that under extreme use such a riding motocross or snowboarding the metal bands have a tendency to loose a pin and fall off.(Nixon does sponsor “extreme” sports and brands their watch for such) If you like Nixons check out Vestal as
well makes similar watches.