Ion Audio USB Turntable

eww, belt drive!

Does anyone know how to make a dust cover using duck tape and capes from the Woot Monkeys?

It’s important to keep in mind that this is DEFINITELY not a DJ turntable… even though it actually kinda looks like one (is that a felt slipmat?). Anyway, might be nice for converting your old records to digital if you haven’t already.

Edit: Well, looks like you actually MIGHT be able to use it for DJing. I’m gonna do some more homework on it.

Does anyone know about the quality of the stylus on this record player?

It’s not the same thing. This one does not have the dust cover, the one on sellout does. So you have your choice: $49 without the dust cover or $59 with the dust cover.

You’ve been fooled.

Found some reviews here:

http://www.buzzillions.com/x/s?N=4294811422&D=x&cat=&extra=product_reviews&Ntt=Ion+Audio+USB+Turntable

Same product?

Woot’s also had a portable turntable by the same company. I bought that one for my mom, she loves it. :smiley:

I have over 100 albums and 50 45’s. Why would I want to convert them to digital?

Woot is setting a record today…

I have seen vinyl records at major best buys, vinyl is on a comeback, many of the new albums now come on vinyle!!!

Does not come with a dust cover.

Is there anyway to hook this up with iTunes (on windows OR mac) and then use it to import Vinyl?

The cartridge is what counts. Does anyone know what type of cartridge this has?

i agree, i dont like usb turntables, use your soundcard, it works much better

It would be great if it comes with a dust cover. I would pay $100 for the dust cover.

the build quality for this thing is pretty meh. expect lots of lightweight/low quality plastics. you get what you pay for.

Woot themed it’s items today

I disagree, my grandmother has a bunch of records that she wanted to put onto cd and I was quite impressed with the quality.

She bought one of these ION USB Turntables from radio shack last year and I hooked it up and showed her how to do it (yes, she is able to do it herself, i’m quite impressed). We’ve both been quite pleased with the outcome.

This is a MANUAL turntable, you must babysit it while you convert your records. It will not turn off at the end of the record.
I would like a AUTOMATIC turntable so I could turn it on, and come back later to change the record without having the needle eating the label.

So you can put them all on your media player (definitely not an ipod, they charge 8x as much as an equivalent player) and listen to them when you are nowhere near your record player; at the same quality.