IoSafe Solo 2 TB Fireproof and Waterproof External Hard Drive + 1 Year Data Recovery Service

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

IoSafe Solo 2 TB Fireproof and Waterproof External Hard Drive + 1 Year Data Recovery Service
$189.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

http://www.amazon.com/New-2TB-EHD-1YR-DRS-SL2000GBUSB20/dp/B005DBFK0G

better price then above
http://www.amazon.com/Fireproof-Waterproof-External-Recovery-SL2000GBUSB20/dp/B002USP01Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1323158192&sr=1-1

5 more minutes!! Need a Broad Odd Car!

Ooh. Interesting item.

Should survive my pool and bbq, unlike all my other hard drives

Actually not too bad of a deal for what it is.

These are great for backup storage. Imagine if your house burned down, you’d normally lose all your photos and home videos (if you keep those on your computer). This will at least help in the event of a fire.

The waterproof part is when the fire department comes and floods your house to put the fire out.

With the way things are going in Thailand, there might come a time where this would be a good deal just to get the 2TB drive. :slight_smile:

The description made me miss starcraft and limewire…

Will someone think of all the files!

Protection is expensive. :open_mouth: Although considering current hard drive prices, not too bad of a deal. A 2TB drive (internal) without anything else is around $200 currently. Externals are still slightly cheaper.

This is a good Deal for just the Hard drive try to find a 2 TB hard drive for less then a hundred now a days. HD space isn’t cheap anymore. DARN FLOOD

With the recent flooding in Thailand(where a large percentage of hard drives are manufactured) hard drive prices have increased anywhere from 30-150%.

This price is much better, by comparison, to what it was just a few months ago.

Furthermore analysts are predicting a severe hard drive shortage by Q1 2012.

not bad at all 265 normally.
im in market for 1 possibly but not yet Haven’t moved yet lol

And what if you’re the one who started the fire in hopes of burning all the evidence?

Sling-a-monkey win a prize.

Hahahaha

I think it’s time for a swim. Wait a second… no! I jumped into the pool and forgot that I had my IoSafe Solo 2 TB Fireproof and Waterproof External Hard Drive + 1 Year Data Recovery Service in my overly sized swimsuit pocket! What am I ever going to do? Thankfully, my IoSafe Solo 2 TB Fireproof and Waterproof External Hard Drive + 1 Year Data Recovery Service is waterproof, so it will still be fully functional.

Sure it would survive in 10 feet of water for up to 3 days, but I’d be willing to bet that if it were to be dropped into a 10 foot pool for any reason, it would break upon hitting the bottom. These puppies are a little heavier than your average dive-stick.

Aaand that’s my cue that it’s time to go to bed. See you tomorrow, wooters!