iPhone 7 A1660 or A1778 (S&D)

Well, turns out the phone I got was stolen at some point. Threw my SIM card in that bad boy and my line was immediately suspended.

Thanks woot.

We received our model A1660 last week but didn’t get around to activating it until today because we were traveling at the time. Here’s what we got:

1. The phone was actually in quite good condition. It was clean and unscratched with no dents or damage to either the screen or back. I think this one may have spent its previous life in a case. Overall, I would grade it B+.
  2. The battery was in excellent condition, took a complete charge and is holding its charge as expected.
  3. Activation was no problem (other than we had to set it up as a new phone first in order to update the software before cloning my wife’s old iPhone 6 onto it - this is typical). Our Verizon SIM and account transferred right away with no problems and the phone works on the Verizon network just as it should.
    Everything functions correctly except for one odd quirk - we have the time and date set automatically from the network but while the time, day and month are correct the YEAR is set to 2560! Talk about your time travel… Turns out the default calendar was set to Buddhist and not Gregorian and was an easy fix once I figured out what was going on.
  4. All buttons and functions work as advertised including both cameras and the speakers. The screen is clear and bright.

Overall, this was a very good purchase for us to make an inexpensive upgrade for a very problematic iPhone 6.