iPM 720P HD IP Camera w/WiFi & Night Vision

No problem. One more thing I noted late last night was that when streaming video to the cellular network it was definitely using the Chinese or American servers to relay the video stream. This isn’t a simple case of a DDNS service allowing your phone to then redirect and stream directly from your home ISP. I would almost forgive it if that’s all that it was. But I’ll be returning these now.

So I messed around with this and can confirm this phones home to China. Very disappointed in Woot and the vendor the for the lack of documentation.

Good news I was able to easily block all communication when it phones home. If you go to your internet browser and click “PC View”, it will take you the camera. After that, go to settings in the left hand corner. Click on network and go to Ddns and turn off PnP. Also go to P2P under Network and turn off Platform. I can confirm this has disabled all phone home communication and opening ports via Plug and Play.

Anyone else receive cameras that have the GUI in Chinese?

I cannot find where to change it to English so I can use the detailed configuration options.