IPODS: LOVE THEM OR HATE THEM?

I have 2 Ipod Nanos. A black 1st Generation 4 gig, and a 3rd Generation 8 gig Blue. I love them, I like my newest one the best. I hate MAC computers. But I do love the Ipods Apple makes.

I had one glitch with my 1st Generation Nano. It didnt hold a charger properly, and always lagged upon turning it on, almost as if it didn’t want to turn.

I have had no problems what so ever with my 3rd Generation one. So, that’s a plus. I don’t forsee anything happening with that one.

I’m a MAC computer hater. Ipod hater, no way.

My take on iPods:

Nicely designed and well made.
Brilliantly marketed.
Not the best player out there (really!?)
The battery SUCKS.
When the SUCKY battery fails…you are screwed (Oh, Apple will gladly replace it for $65) And yet, you’ll buy a 2nd…a 3rd…

I’ll stick with my 2GB Creative Muvo with rechargeable AAA batteries.
Sorry, Bono.

1 Like

I love my ipod. I have a 30 gig. Have used it everyday since I got it. Never had any problems except sometimes it freezes and I have to restart it no big deal. It is easy to use since most of the software out there is made for it.

I agree on the battery, but it is not as bad as my gigabeat. But I have to say, for those that have money and/or not tech savvy, ipod is the way to go. the apple software is built for ease, downloading movies, music, etc. And it being so popular it allows other hacked software to help put in the correct format. The gigabeat I have take two different softwares to put anything but music into the right format.

iPod
trendy-yes
easy to use=yes
crappy battery-yes
sucky sound levels-yes
costly contraption-yes

I would much rather have a Zune!

NECROBUMP!

I still use my 5th generation iPod nano for the radio feature on my daily commute to work on public transportation. Saves from having to use data on my Samsung Galaxy S6 (I have a horrible data plan). I will really be sad the day it finally dies.

It died. I am sad.

I LOVED my creative zen stone, it still works and has a ton of great old music on it. So tiny and cute, about the size and weight of a half dollar.

Then I also had a ZUNE it has SO much music on it. I think I even have movies saved on it. I essentially used it for an external hard drive. Movies, photos, songs, the lot. It holds like 120gig which was crazy for the time.