iPods Still Exist!

I bought the shuffle a few weeks ago and I love it. I wear it working out in the yard. All around the house when I am cleaning. It has a great sound and small enough stays out of my way doing things just clips on to my jeans belt loops. Am very happy with it.

Hate to bust Woot on this, but Apple sells 7th gen Nano refurbs for $99.

Plus you get a better selection of colors: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod/ipod_nano/16gb

And free shipping…

And Walmart has them for $89 shipped if you want the black one. Time for woot to start price matching!

And why the heck are you putting the Microsoft logo on an Apple? WOW…

Because we can. Bwaa-haa-haa-haa.

It didn’t all start with iPods.

It started with PDAs.

Sorry to the fanbois out there.

That doesn’t really make sense. PDA’s like the Palm Pilot and its offshoots are/were information managers, not music players. These iPods are portable music players - descendants, if anything, of the Sony Walkman. The iPod Touch and iPhone are hybrids, both personal information managers AND music players - but these two, the Nano and the Shuffle, don’t have an operating system, don’t use apps and are purely media players.

I agree - PDA’s don’t count. Of course iPods weren’t first either. I bought this:

5 years before the first iPod.

Even though I have an iPhone, I do love my iPod Classic, which is 160GB and can hold almost all of my music and videos, and my 6th Gen Nano, which is small like a shuffle and fits comfortably on my wrist as a watch or on an armband while I work out. I do like the new 7th gen Nanos since they have built-in Bluetooth, but the size of the 6th gen is more appealing to me. I have to use a Bluetooth adapter on my 6th Gen in order to use it with my Jaybird headphones. The other cool thing about the Nano is that it has an FM receiver. I have an FM transmitter hooked up to my TV, so I can stream the sound through my Nano early in the morning while I’m on the treadmill or elliptical and not wake my husband watching TV.