iPower Grow Lights

i wonder how many people are ordering 100+ lamps… i suspect alternative usage

Theres a reason major commercial hydroponics operations use MH and HPS lights… I guess if your doing something hobby where yield and best possible quality dont matter as much… And you dont mind paying 10 times the price just to be able to jump on the green bandwagon.

Thats not to say in a few years it may get to the point where leds actually make sense… But for now they cant compete in the hydroponic arena. But they can make your fish tank look pretty!

Sorry, nylon plants don’t grow well under this type of light.

If you actually read the description at the link you pasted, that 600Watt LED light is equivalent to a 1000 watt MH/HPS system.

That’s kind of sub-par for LEDs, actually, but I guess going for full spectrum including IR and UV reduces the efficiency.

Actually, I am a tomato inspector. For Safeway.

had to do a little housekeeping. let’s try to focus on the product and not the broader topics, plz.

What? You can’t grow plants with an LED lamp?

You can.

And, lumens are not important, PAR is.

Holy moly. Thats awful. I cannot imagine how you guys got all the glass and other parts out without ripping him a new one.

I want to grab some of the inline fans to use for a fireplace intake… any idea of they can be hooked up to a speed controller?

Pyrex dishes on the same day too!

Tomorrow will be the Walter White Baby’s First Chemistry Set.

I’m on to you guys.

Sooo, if I wanted to grow some tomatoes just for kicks - would only 1 of the dimmable light sets be enough? How many would you need for, say, 3 tomato plants? And if only 1 light set was used, how much would my power usage go up?

This is a joke, right?

I dunno. Maybe Woot is making some extra $$$ on the side by selling a list of items, amounts, and address to the DEA?

Will these work with my apple… trees?

Found an LED system over at Kickstarter. Can someone that understands the science behind this provide some commentary on how it compares to what we have here. Is their LED a bogus sales tatic or is it for real.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/938548139/arc-series-the-grow-light-reinvented?ref=category

I am not affiliated with the Kickstarter program or that LED project in any way, just looking for the best way to spend my money.

Thanks

Way Funny. Good job…

Would anyone who reads this and knows like to comment about starting seedlings and/or propagating, small scale, just a few trays in a shed, what from this list they’d recommend? If not a confined space (8x12) is heat management/fan necessary? I got a rec for a different setup, would be great but expensive, would never pay for itself (even counting the DIY fun factor) vs buying commercially for veggies and natives.

Woot channeling Walter White now?

Am I the only one that thought of using these for veggie plants? LOL I can’t put my plants on the window sill or by the back door because my cats think its fun to watch them fall off the sill, or if I set them on the floor by the back door, they decide it’s a good litter pan. sigh Although I couldn’t justify the cost of these lights for veggie plants.