IRIScan Express 2 Portable Scanner

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

IRIScan Express 2 Portable Scanner
$69.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:

• 1 Iris USOA447 IRIScan Express 2 Portable Scanner w/ Readiris Pro 11, Cardiris 3 Software

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
wooters.us - I love the song

IRIScan Express 2 Portable Scanner [New] - $69.99 + $5 shipping

1 * Iris USOA447 IRIScan Express 2 Portable Scanner w/ Readiris Pro 11, Cardiris 3 Software

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

will this work with linux?

http://www.irislink.com/c2-1656-189/IRIScan-2-------Overview-of-IRIScan-2-Portable-Scanner.aspx

Product Page

Product review

I can’t believe it’s not a NeatReceipts! 8-O

And here is a tigerdirect video review by a guy with a funky accent.

[MOD: [ url ] and [ /url ] (minus spaces) are your friend for making links]

retrevo links

From the first look at the picture I thought it was another version of Neat Receipts and the respective Neat Scanner, which I happened to own (thanks to Woot Gods for dropping one into my BоC a few months back)…

But looks like it’s something very different…

Anyone knows how this one compares to Neat Scanner? Both hardware and included software (s/w that comes with Neat is pretty good as far as I’m concerned)…

comboed with top ocr makes it easyer to turn docs into text

While it SAYS portable, I wouldn’t want to have to lug this around all day if I could help it. Perfect though if you need to scan documents from your car or mobile place of business.

whats the single pass speed?

Is this device safe for those required to wear a necktie in the workplace?

Is the software hard to use, how’s it’s interface?

For a second I thought this was a portable EYEBALL iris scanner… for eye-scanning security applications. It immediately tripped my “Wow! Cool!” reflex… immediately followed by the “But Why Would Anyone Need That To Be Portable?” reflex. Followed shortly by the “Doh! I totally misunderstood” reflex.

I have this exact scanner at my desk at work. I’ve had it for about 2 years and it’s still working fine.

Cons

One word: SLOOOOOOOOOW

Luckily I only have to scan in maybe 5-10 documents a week in order to do my job. So if you do a lot of scanning, this is NOT the scanner for you. I would also say that for my purposes it’s fine, but it doesn’t offer really high quality images.

Pro

It doesn’t take up a whole lot of real estate on my desk.

Anyone know what the scan speed is for max resolution?

For your information wooternauts, those are links, just not hotlinks.

Harumph.

[MOD: Excuse me. Could you HOTLINK them in the future, please?]

Had one of these at work that we ordered for a user. It was a POS and we sent it back! The software interface was crap and the scanner made the scanned photo look like newsprint. IRIS support was non-existent. Seemed like they’re more interested in selling their software and packaged a 3rd party scanner hardware along with their product. Would not recommend.