iRiver H10 20GB MP3 Player and Recorder - Remix Blue

looks nice, I like blue :). Too bad it’s a refurbished one!

already have an ipod
so does everyone else …
booooo!

I bought this a while ago from Woot, and I’ll repeat what many have already said about it:

This thing is DURABLE - I took it to Europe for 3 months, and it took a beating and survived.

The battery life is GREAT.

The screen looks very nice, and the audio quality is good.

Setting it up for dragging and dropping files is easy, and ideal. It’s much nicer than going through a program like iTunes.

GREAT DEAL.

EDIT: I bought mine refurbished as well about 1 year ago.

This can work well with the iRiver FM transmitter for the car that we just bought here last week!

Second the Gigabeat.

I’m still using my “isuck” bought from WOOT! back in aught-five it was…

As good as my ears need to hear, but my eyes need more than 1.8 "to see.

There’s a review of this from 8/05. Old school.
Link

If only it wasn’t a refurb.

Looks like a pretty good deal, even for a refurb. Much cheaper than an Ipod at least…

It’s a little more than a dollar a day… then you’re SOL without a warranty.

I still have my old iPod Photo. Mine’s 40GB and comes with the awesome Click Wheel! If you want to continually have to move your thumb like a caterpillar to slowly scroll through music, and then get a hard-drive failure a year later with this “iRiver”, then that’s fine with me.

Love the two I bought on Woot–one for me, one for my daughter. Don’t worry about refurbs–they are often returns from Buyer’s Remorse and people too dumb to use them.

Ah, 'tis my favorite Woot ever, for like, a third of the price I paid (and just at a year and a month after I bought it, too). I have very very few complaints about this device. The scroll bar did get stuck on me once, but iRiver support was very helpful, and, aside from a couple of weeks of mp3-player-less-ness, my player and wallet were no worse for the wear.

I highly recommend subscribing to Napster to Go or a similar service with this device, but download the songs from the subscription program and set up the playlists and sync the device in Windows Media Player or a similar program (though WMP will probably give you the least DRM hassle). The online music stores just suck at syncing mp3 players (aside from iTunes, but it’s not hard to get something right for one device).

Eh, I’m in the market for a DAP, but this one’s not really what I’m looking for…

Still, nice Woot, you can’t really get many 20 GB players for this price.

i too had to return my player because the sound would fade out. then a week later i bought a 40gb gigabeat from woot. its been great ever since.

When will people stop saying that referb means junk?

Referb means the products been tested and any problems have been fixed, rather than simply put in a box off the assembly line and hoping that it works.

I have had one of these, and unless you’re not too turned off by the bulkiness and rather troubling navigation tool then I’d say go for it.

Will this thing play OGG Vorbis and MP4 format files out of the box, or are there any hacks to allow it to do so??

More product info:

http://www.misticriver.net/wiki/index.php/H10

Since it can Rockbox I might do this. Somehow I’ve managed to survive up till now without a portable player but have been looking for a month or so waiting for something that can support OGG.

I have this, blue and all. Great player, it was my first mp3 player, and still my only one. And now with Rockbox, it has video playback and games and very customizable. For $100, this is a great deal on a great player.