iRobot Looj Gutter Cleaning Robot

If it will scrape the 5 inches of ice of my driveway I’m in!

darn. i went to the THIS PROFILE link and tried to cut out the looj profile, and all of a sudden a lot of sparks and smoke and stuff came from the screen of the laptop when i was cutting it!

oh well.

sighs gutterless . . . .

-K.

doesn’t work if you have struts in your gutters that cover part of the gutter track.

the handle gets caught.

otherwise, i’d quickly drop four sawbucks on this!

speaking of adding “I” in front of everything to make it more appealing…

I bought one of these over a year ago for about $100 and it was great! I have gutters that are 60 feet off the ground at some points of my house. I was able to launch this from my deck on a small stepladder. This thing ate through almost 5 years of sludge and compost with little effort. I had to rock the device back and forth a few times to get through some of the tougher spots but it was very good.

Pay attention to the template in the description. Some gutters are too shallow and make it impossible for the looj to pass. I found one support on my gutter needed to be bent up about 1/4" for it to go past.

It also doesn’t work if your gutters are not large enough. Better check their site for gutter specs that it will work in.

Am I the only one who realizes the handle comes off and functions as a remote?

Hence the need for the 2 AA batteries… Concern about the handle getting caught seems a bit misplaced.

Oh good, it comes with a belt clip.

I bought one of these last year for about $70.00 from Woot… It does the job if the leaves are mostly dry. However, you can do the same thing with a leaf blower or a garden hose with a hooked watering attachment on the end.
The housing feels cheap, and the remote reminds me of those cheap toy cars where the car and the remote were attached by a wire - though this one is wireless. Once the leaves are wet, they tend to stay wet and you are going to have to clean it manually anyway because this thing really doesn’t cut it. If I had it to do over, I would not buy another one…

why someone will invent this …kind of +_-%@weird dont you agree with me? but again i cant complaint from i robot since i love my i robot carpet cleaner… kind of looks great as a rc toy too bad its not remote control and will go 0 to 60 in 5 seconds…ha ha ha haaaa

And some C-4. Got a little surprise for you, Mr. Gopher…

OUCH I think I paid $90 or so for mine. I may get another as a spare.

This thing does work, and works well under certain conditions.

1. Long straight gutter. (bonus points if section not accessible by ladder)
  2. You must drive VERY slow. (inch it along)
  3. Don’t mind a huge mess on the ground when you’re done.
  4. Expect it to take a while.

As alluded to above, some sections of my gutters are inaccessible. (pool equipment, A/C, etc). It was full of decomposed leaves… wet dirt basically… with stuff growing in the dirt. This thing pushed through it… took a while, but it did the job.

The only time the Looj needed a rescue (couldn’t back/flip out) was when it got hung up on a screw protruding in the gutter.

At $40, this is a great deal… if you can use it.

Robert

You place it in the gutter and pop the handle off, which then becomes the remote and lowers the height. When you are done with it you clip the handle back on to lift it out and carry it.

Great Idea…except my gutters are filled with snow and ice! I don’t think this thing work for me.

Might have been a good idea in September or November, but I’m not buying something I can’t use for 9 months! (who knows…with Smartpost shipping, it might arrive just in time for the fall leaf cleaning!)

You don’t leave the handle on to send it down the gutter!!!

I bought one of these ages ago for like $150. It’s a nice piece of machinery, but I had to return it. Didn’t work well for our gutters (very little room between the shingles and the gutter side… no room for the Looj to toss the debris out).

I think it’s a great deal for $40, though. For $150 and for our small gutters… not so much.

And hell, we have like 20’ of gutter total. So I’ll use the extension ladder I got from Woot to do it manually. Doesn’t take long. :slight_smile:

lukewarm reviews on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/iRobot-12101-Electric-Gutter-Cleaning/dp/B000WL4QAW

but I’ve always wanted to replace the auger on this thing with a geared prop, some fins, and seal it.

Would make a cool submersible!

Mine cut through wet leaves, compost and all in about 1/4" of water.

Isn’t it a little late to go outside and measure your gutters? I know it is cold, icy, and dark here. Geez woot, I hope you don’t sell out by tomorrow afternoon!