iRobot Roomba 530 Robotic Vacuum with Virtual Wall

The virtual walls will work fine. Not sure about the remote (I never use them with the Roombas).

My first woot was this exact same Roomba. I love it. I’ve had no issues with it being white and being more dirty or anything.

@the person asking about scratching baseboards
I’ve had no scratching from it bumping into the walls. It’s pretty sensitive and doesn’t try to head butt through the walls. Just a gentle bump then it turns and tries a different direction.

You can always put it upside down in ront of your best chair and scratch your feet effortlessly!!

Is this the model programmed to find Sarah Conner?

i would get it if it could climb stairs

does anyone know how well does it work with dog hair. My little beagle shelty sheds hardcore.

If it works well with dog hair/dander, i’m in. Anyone have an animal with one of these?

Nope…500 series accessories are not compatible with 400 series.

1-2 hours depending on the amount of crap it’s picking up and the type of flooring (carpet = less battery time)

What’s the deepest carpet these can effectively work in? I just moved and the carpet in my new pad is oh-so-plush…

Pretty slim. It usually just barely hits or bumps the baseboards. If you have painted baseboards, it might be more of a problem, because [aint scratches show more easily than varnished/stained baseboards.

I had this roomba bought for me as a gift the last time it was on woot and I must say I’m quite pleased with it. The one pitfall, and as far as I know this applies to all roombas, is that it hates dark carpets! The way the cliff sensors work it thinks that dark carpets are a cliff and it will avoid them and sometimes get stuck on them.

Irobot acknowledges this is an issue but has no fix to offer. The only fix that I’ve seen in various forums is to tape over the sensors thereby disabling them and turning your roomba into a lemming. (something that I still haven’t gotten to work quite right and I wouldn’t advise trying if you live in a multi-story house.)

I got this the last time it came up on woot for like $160 I think it was. Awesome purchase, it makes such a big difference and works great. I had it run 3 times a day the first two days and then about once every day after that to clean my whole 2 bedroom apartment. Grab em while you can, my carpets look way better ( I have a nice standup vacuum i used to use) but this works way better since it cleans in multiple directions and i was too lazy and would only go one way. Finds its way back to base 4/5 times probably, if it doesnt no big deal… just pick it up and move it.

The impe dance is just a variation on the foxtrot. Not that hard to learn…

I’ve got one of these - and I LOVE it.

Runs for about 30-45 minutes on one charge and picks up all the dirt, grass and dog and cat hair effortlessly. Would highly recommend to anyone who hates to sweep or vacuum.

I have two Roombas already. This model and a cheaper version. I’m tempted to buy ANOTHER one right now, but finances say otherwise.

From an owner of 2 roombas, you won’t be disappointed.

Yes, mine goes well between my tiled kitchen floor, my hardwood floor, and my area rugs. Sometimes it catches on the edge of small rugs that don’t weigh enough to hold themselves in place, but everything else it handles fine.

Works great on dog hair! I have two dogs and it cleans the hair up nicely!

Awesome manual, thanks

How about its height dimensions? Anyone know?

what abt battery? is it APS or regular?

No they won’t.