iRobot Roomba 530 Robotic Vacuum with Virtual Wall

You know, I was actually waiting for a roomba to come out. It’s really funny…

In for one.

Bought it in August and we love our Dusty Bottoms.

To summarize previous woots, a few things that will get asked/discussed ad nauseam on this woot:

No it does NOT replace your regular vac. It does a GREAT job at maintaining a clean room/house though

Yes, it handles the pet hair (1 rotti and 2 medium hair length cats)

Yes, you do have to empty the bin after every cleaning (but you do this with the regular canister vacs too, right?)

Yes you should clean the rollers about every 3rd cleaning

The battery life is about 2h. When we received Dusty, his battery only lasted 20m. I registered Dusty as a “gift” on iRobot.com, and they sent me a brand new battery. (Then I reset Dusty completely, and even the old battery lasts an hour now!).

I dont post here but want u to know i bought this last time it was available, it changed my life! I love it! No problems.

Your Roomba is getting bored sitting in the corner waiting for some dust to build up on your floor. Secretly, it wants to sing and dance and draw pictures. It wants to show you just how clever it can be.

http://hackingroomba.com

* Build a serial interface tether
* Set up a Bluetooth® interface
* Drive Roomba
* Play with sensors
* Make it sing
* Create a Roomba painter
* Use your Roomba as a mouse
* Connect Roomba to the Net
* Wi-Fi your Roomba
* Replace Roomba’s brain
* Build the RoombaRoach
* Install Roomba-cam
* Put Linux® on Roomba

Bought this last time around and we love it. Especially how it cleans under beds and collects tons of dog and cat fur. My wife sometimes says she spends as much time cleaning hair out of Roomba’s brushes as she would vacuuming, but I disagree. Plus, I’m the one who had to clean/dig/pry hair out of the Kirby’s beater bar & parts. Roomba also doesn’t have Kirby’s expensive bags.

Roombas are fun little things. I have three different models, including this one. Of course half the time I spend watching it vacuum instead of going about my business.

This model does fairly well at getting itself unstuck from carpet tassels and cords. It’s strong enough to pick up a AA battery without me noticing. One of the coolest features about them is that they can be completely re-programed (or partially for those less inclined) to do anything that can be done with two wheels, a caster, a brush and vacuum motor.

This one has a home base which is very helpful. The only option it doesn’t have is the scheduler, so you do have to activate it yourself. Of course you could always program in a scheduler 8o)

We love our Roomba. Ours is named George, and he is part of the family. He has been with us for about 11 months, still working well. Our new puppy barks his head off at George, but George just keeps on vacuuming.

just got on for the recently converted garage.

Anyone know if it can get under an Ikea Klippan sofa with the standard height legs?

I have two, and love them.

Know what you’re getting yourself into, though. They’re robots first, and vacuums second. If you don’t have the time or patience for the maintenance required… they may not be for you. www.robotreviews.com is a terrific Roomba-owner community that is an invaluable information resource on these little buggers.

I bought this last March and ours is still on the original rollers. We have three cats and ours cleans the entire upstairs of a 1700 sq. foot house. To say that this was worth the money would be an understatement. We loved it so much, we bought a second for my mother-in-law and she also loves it.

If and when this one dies, we may upgrade to the one that schedules.

No wonder we are a nation of fat asses. Too lazy to even vacuum a floor.

Hooray! I was kicking myself for not picking it up in August, been waiting for it to come back ever since. In for one, can’t wait!

Usually we turn our roomba loose as we leave for work.

No more vacuuming = more time to hike/bike/swim/jog

Path of roomba.

source:http://signaltheorist.com/?p=91

Oo… pretty…

Finally, Now I can replace my battery-holic discovery!

I have had my Roomba for three years with no problems. Have not had to replace the battery or anything else. I was pleased to see Roomba featured on the show Flipping Out. It worked so well, the housekeeper was jealous of it.

I always wanted a Roomba til I saw one at a friends house…kinda disappointing, and noisy

really? i bought a 2 pack of roombas as gifts last year and they LOVE them!! they do a decent job and are so much fun to watch! more expensive than a regular vac maybe, but I think worth it!