iRobot Roomba 530 Robotic Vacuum with Virtual Wall

I really wish Woot! would stop putting up a picture of the 540 when they are selling the 530.

The difference is the little ((*)) icon at the very top of the 540 user interface, which denotes the presence of a radio transceiver in the robot, which means it works with lighthouses and Wireless Command Centers. The additional photos are correct, but the main photo on the main page is not.

I’m probably one of about 4 people on the planet that notices or cares… but hey… I noticed.

My husband bought me one of these the last time it was on woot (regular woot I believe - maybe a month ago). It had an issue from the first time we ran it - Error 2, clean brush heads.

After going on the roomba website and looking at FAQs it looks like this is probably pretty common as this exact problem was there.

Good news - they sent a new cleaning head module right away with pretty much no questions asked (just purchase date and place)

Bad news - it didn’t fix the problem.

Apparently now, they’re sending me replacement roomba…hopefully this one works!

Apparently there are two different types of “virtual walls”. One turns itself on automatically and the other needs to be done manually. Since they run on batteries, the automatic one is preferred.

Anyone know which type comes with this?

I have one and it’s GREAT with dog/cat hair…just remember to empty it often. I have to do it after each cleaning, but it’s still better than running the vacuum cleaner!

My only problem is corners and along the base boards where my cat’s hair seems to end up. Doesn’t get that close to the edge.

Shipping Update

iRobot Roomba 530 Robotic Vacuum with Virtual Wall has completely shipped via FEDEX Ground. All tracking will be emailed by the end of the day to members who purchased this item. If you would like to find your tracking information sooner, please click the following link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

I got my Roomba last Wednesday and sadly, 4 days later, it has a broken leg. The left wheel has seized so it only spins in circles. I followed the tips on the Internets and I’m going to have to call iRobot tomorrow to request assistance. Let’s hope they don’t hassle me about the refurb warranty!

Oooh guess what? After following directions found in a service manual I ran across, J. Edgar is happily hard at work again. No phone calls required.