iRobot Roomba 530 Robotic Vacuum

Take a look at some 4 Star Reviews

[youtube=7Thsj-uOMxA‎][/youtube]
[youtube=TPyJAPn9vnE][/youtube]

Check out these comments from when it was offered in April

I have this model and really enjoy it. It is not too loud, I find myself sitting on the couch talking on the phone when it is working. It also works very well for spot cleaning.

I Wooted one of these back in 2009. It lasted a few years, but one of the senors failed and it started running in circles.

Prior to that, though, hair was a big problem. I’ve got both longed haired humans and cats in my house, and the Roomba couldn’t get through one cleaning without me having to remove the hair from the rollers. Too much work for an “automatic” vacuum.

This generation is much-improved over the last. As AlanHWoot says, the 400 series were prone to circle dance, which could be fixed surgically if you dug around enough to figure out how and then got lucky. This generation has individual components so at least you can replace any part that fails fairly easily. This doesn’t appear to be a scheduling model- which is one of the most fun things about having a Roomba- the ability to set and forget it. I don’t know about this one, (I have this model but it lives at my BF’s house) but the next model up will speak to you and tell you what maintenance it needs. The brush cleaning tool is MUCH nicer than in the past, and the brushes seem easier to clean in general. This generation is also “smarter,” and will only clean as long as they find necessary, not until the battery is about shot. I’m not sure if this is a good thing or not. They are a LOT better about not eating cords or getting stuck on rugs. Just smarter in general about navigating around household obstacles. All in all, having this model is better than not having one at all!

I want to purchase an extended warranty on this but it does not seem to be available. I don’t think I would buy a Roomba without the extended warranty.

Ooooh, thanks for pointing that out. The SquareTrade purchase links have been added to the sale page.

Have these things changed at all since 2010. I have the exact same model I purchased from woot then. it has worked well. still on its original battery. but it’s brushes are worn out and now after running for a few minutes it thinks they is something stuck in the brushes and tries to jump over it and the gives up. if the model has improvements I might consider purchasing this one.

I think the key words from your post that answer your own question are “exact same model”.

We got a couple of these for wedding gifts in 2002. Of course, these were Older models, but they totally rocked on all the beautiful oak flooring we had and not only cleaned very well, but polished the wood finish so it always looked great after they did their job. Never had any parts fail except for the batteries which are easy to find and change out. It is Amazing how much dirt, pet hair and stuff you find in the compartments!

Thanks. It is apparently $47.99 for a 2 year warranty on this model, so I’m out. Maybe next time if it’s not a refurb.

You can buy replacement brushes from iRobot, but I don’t know if it will help your particular issue.