iRobot Roomba 535 Robotic Vacuum with Lighthouse Technology

how well does this work with pet hair? i have a malamute and it’s shedding season and I’m tired of vacuuming every day. :frowning: a little help would be nice.

I HAVE FIVE OT THESE THEY ARE JUNK.

How loud is this thing?

I got the 2-for-1 refurbs some time back. The battery in the first one died after about 5 uses. I-Robot kindly replaced it with a new one. We’ll see how long I get out of that.

I was just wondering if anyone knew if this new type is any improvement over the old ones - or is it just in a prettier design now?

I had a 580 for over a year without issue until it ran into some dog poop. I bought a replacement, and at about 6 months it stopped responding to the wireless command center, so I contacted them, they sent me a replacement WCC. That didn’t solve the problem, so they replaced the entire Roomba, all I had to do was ship mine to them in NY and wait 2 weeks. Cost me $12 and I had a brand new Roomba.

Maybe you’re doing something wrong.

I bought mine AND the one I got for my Mom for Christmas from Woot!. Except for the “virtual walls”, which I never tried, as I don’t have anywhere I don’t want it to go, it’s great!

Here is a quality post…

I find that my roomba gets stuff that my Oreck misses, and the Oreck misses stuff that the Roomba gets.

So, I run the Oreck in the evening, then let the Roomba run at night.

Excellent job of cleaning. We have a dog, and it’s a great way to clean up. I’m thinking about getting this one jsut to have one in the basement, too.

they are junk, so you kept buying them? FIVE of them? Genius…

Haha. the fourth one didn’t tell you that?

Save your money. Berber is a roomba’s biggest enemy!!!

I desperately want one of these… someone talk me into it!

My 14 month old is absolutely terrified of our upright vaccuum… how noisy/scary are these, relatively speaking?

anyone?

Thank you.

You’re probably using it with loose, light carpets (mats) or rooms with lots of close obstacles. Those are the only things that will cause it to stop up.

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pssing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life . . . But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you’ve got another Roomba sale at WOOT?

Using the lighthouse mode, it will only spend around 30-40 minutes in each “zone” before moving on to the next. A couple more lighthouses would need to be picked up to effectively break up a large space.

It’s good to note that the lighthouses can also be switched to plain 'ole virtual wall mode, also.

I have hardwood floors, which separate in the winter due to low-no humidity, which causes the wood to shrink. Roomba has NO problems with this. Not exactly grout, but just my 2 cents.

Does this not make sense or am I crazy?

I like these Roombas. I bought my first Discovery Model from Woot a few years ago, and was impressed. I was recently thinking about buying a newer unit for a different location, and here Woot is to save the day with another great deal. I’m in for my second Roomba thanks to Woot.