iRobot Roomba Discovery SE

i own a roomba from woot and its really a great woot. this thing makes life simple for us lazy people.

Will this climb over rugs and clean them too or does it just work around them. regular rugs and the bathroom type rugs (fuzzy crap sticking up)

BizRate Prices.

Shopzilla Prices.

MSN Shopping Prices.

Smarter.com Prices.

4 stars on Amazon.

… plus enjoy THE ‘More’ Useful Link… which contains all Roomba Vacs and accessories found on Shopzilla… some for under $150… dope…

Try this with your regular vacuum cleaner: put it in the center of your living room, turn it on, and leave the house for the evening. Come home and see whether you’ve got a clean carpet or a vacuum cleaner with a burned-out motor. My guess is you’d find the latter, whereas with my Roomba I find the former.

How much dirt can it hold before it needs emptying?

Slovenly Stu

The subtle difference you might be missing is that they’re not promoting their own sites, and the links are relevant to the product being discussed.

that’s not the same model + it’s refurb. The one on sale on woot is the newest gen.

I want to gift this to my parents for Christmas. I know woot has a lot of roombas around, so is this a good model? I’m looking for a little input from a roomba sage

at first, about every day or 2 if you have carpet. After about 2 weeks, I’d say about every week.

That site has been known to spam our forums quite frequently and so they get removed. Please don’t circumvent word filters.

And, as pointed out above, the other links are directly related to the product discussion.

I LOVE mine!! I turn it on when I leave and come home to clean tile :slight_smile: It is GREAT!

Does anyone know if this model will find the charger and charge itself? Or, should I say, if this offering includes the requisite charger for that functionality?

how good is it on carpets?

This is a great model, except for one thing: it doesn’t have a schedule mode. For me now, it’s a must, I set mine to vacuum daily at 3pm and come back to a clean floor. Just needs emptying once a week and that’s all. That model runs a bit higher though ($259 in costco).

Yes it will, and that’s one of the most fun parts to watch!

Can this clean up blood and eviden…I mean corn chips?

hey guys i have a tile floor but i have a carpet that is about 5 or 6 mm high in the middle of the room. would the roomba be able to get onto it from the tile? i dont have much experience with roombas.

i want this SO SO badly! it would save me so much time! i could wake up to a sparkling house!! :frowning: too bad my husband wouldnt let me buy it…and for the comments about people being LAZY, i run at Least 3 miles a day, work, and have a kid to take care of and cleaning on top of that stuff. it gets a bit overwhelming. so cut the crap about people getting lazy. your just saying it to justify yourself and make yourself feel better about your insecurities! youre probably as fat as the next person at macdonalds!

It doesn’t like rugs with frayed edges, like rag rugs or throw rugs or whatever you call them in your part of the universe. Tries to eat 'em. Thicker, heavy rugs with smooth edges it does just fine on.

it is excellent on carpets, it will at first even get some carpet fuzz off, it scrubs that well.