iRobot Roomba Robotic Vacuum

Is it compatible with my cat?

i missed teh snuggies

Sounds like the opposite of what its designed to do. Oh, and how does it work picking up fresh dog ‘mess’?

I got one of these in a B.O.C. a few years ago, gave it to my mother as a present. She threw it away.

I need a 530 model, so give it up.

only the newer expensive ones are supposed to be ok on carpet. most of the older/cheaper ones do not do well on carpet unless it’s totally flat cheap carpet/rugs.

If this thing could vacuum under the crap I leave all over my living room, it would be perfect.

I had given my grandmother one of the 530 models I got here long ago as it doesn’t do well with all the pet hair at my place. She absolutely loves it. It broke several months after I gave it to her, and now she’s getting a roomba 550.

Roombas are great if you don’t have several pets. I imagine it would probably be ok with short-haired pets as well. Otherwise the hair just clogs em up right quick.

Didn’t Alan Parsons do the original iRobot?

Can’t tell if you’re trolling, or if your mother is just stupid.

Probably not but it sure helps with your cord clutter under your computer desk.

Roomba = Lunchtime. See you in 2 hours.

If this was the one with the scheduler I’d get it. Mine is going on 5 yrs old now and has pretty much run it’s course in life.

More of a gadget than an actual vacuum - it doesn’t really pick up much more than dust bunnies and lint.

Although if you have a cat or dog, watching its reaction to it could be worth the money - ours used to chase the Roomba around the room.

You haven’t bought anything, so how did you get a BOC? I say you lie like a rug, good sir!

But “oops” no dock and no automatic clean-by-timer – it’s manual.

nothing worst than trying to clean all the crap out of the brushes, bins etc. not pretty. never run, if your dog is not feeling well. learned the hard way.

My Roomba is running right now… cleaning as I woot! Can’t beat that!

iRobot Roomba 560 with “bonus brush kit” is on eBay deals right now for $279.98 + free shipping. Anybody familiar with this model?

http://deals.ebay.com/

Just a heads up…if your puppy poops on the carpet while you’re away, and your roomba automatically starts cleaning the room, and drives through the dog poop smearing it across the carpet, don’t spend 4 hours cleaning it because it will never run the same again.

Just throw it out and get a new one (roomba, that is).

True story.