iRobot Roomba Robotic Vacuum

Happy Dance for a Roomba…

Mom wants one for her B’Day

I was, briefly, excited to see a Roomba. I want one, I’ve wanted one for quite a while, and finally, a Woot-off struck at good financial timing for me.

A 440, though . . . not the Roomba for me. Lack of self docking-and-charging makes it a definite no-go for me. I’d Love to pick up a 550 or better for a price even close to this.

Yes, please, I need the pool cleaner…

I’m beginning to think that Woot actually manufacture these things!

If I promise to clean my floors, Woot, will you put up something fun? Doesn’t have to be a blethera of corn or anything, just something kind of fun…please…

Woot must think we have nasty floors. At least this isn’t a R… Oh wait!

Not this again. Is this company owned by Woot, Inc?

I, for one, welcome our new robotic vacuum overlords.

Gotta have one just so you can teach your cat to ride it and post the video on youtube

Warning: The battery doesn’t last long and it’s almost $100! Replaced it and 5 months later it was dead. I bought three Roombas and I couldn’t afford the upkeep.

Oh yes, there is. Just not this one.

How can it be a Woot Off without Roombas!

oh no not a nother robotic vacuum

Maybe a noob question, but if woot! does not ship to Alaska or Hawaii, why does the “woots by state” have those two states pictured?

Well, we really didn’t want to call you out but now that you mention it…

Endless supply of fargin’ Roombas.

Enough for everybody on the planet to own three.

You could throw one of these babies in the deep end!

Love the Woot Lights

Except me, with heavy wall-to-wall carpeting, a two-year old with lots of toys, and multiple dogs.

It would likely fall down the stairs.

Seriously, though, I’ve been reading the reviews and have been advised against it for all of the above reasons.

The roomba:

Works best on a pre-cleared floor (for obvious reasons).

Will hold LOTS of fluff, but may not hold enough for wall-to-wall carpeting, depending on how often you run it.

Is best charged from the port, not necessarily from the charging station (not to say that the charging station is not a valid way to charge it.)

Is suggested for hardwood floors with simple space-rugs (like orientals, etc.

HOURS OF ENTERTAINMENT FOR YOUR CAT! :smiley: (J/K, Be kind to your kittens. Unless they really want to play with it.)

Oh, and it doesn’t like stairs. A baby gate may negate this.

Roomba Review 1!
Roomba Review 2!
Amazon Reviews!

I have a discovery model with a base, does anyone know if this would work with the base.

and BTW: I have a three year old and two large dogs it does great to pick up dog hair and legos