iRobot Scooba 5806 Floor Washing Robot Bundle

and $47.99 for nine (9) bottles on EBAY

Chocolate Ovaltine My Lamb!! (that’s it right?) I have to award best ever copy of all times. If I had a REAL nickle for every scam e-mail that I get like this…and the writer hit ALL the telltale signs…I’d be rich. And then to fashion after the news events. Pure Genius Woot! Bravo!! I guess I’d better buy one just for the copy, and the all too trueness of the fact that the taxpayers are gonna pony up.

We love our Scooba. Now we mop our floors every couple of months, instead of every couple of years. A big improvement.

It helps if you know their idiosyncrasies. It’s not unusual for them to need priming to get the fluid going through the system. (A great priming device is one of those fat syringes you can buy to squirt medicine into the back of a baby’s mouth, with a piece of aquarium tubing on it.)

I use ours on our laminate floor, and it’s been okay. (The first few times I chased after it with a towel, because I was nervous, but now I just turn on a fan so it dries fast.) It’s fine on wood floors and tile floors.

It’s true they have a spotty reliability record. But we love ours nevertheless. And this is a very good price.

While it does sound like you had some bad luck, I and thousands of others use the Scooba all the time, and while it is definitely a bit more work to keep it maintained than a Roomba, it does work well if you keep it maintained.

Your best bet is to check the Scooba FAQ for solutions to the most common problems, or search the Scooba Message Board for answers to any other problems.

I have had this model for about 6 months. I read a few hundred reviews (literally) before buying it and many of them were “mixed” to put it nicely. That being said I had mixed expectations about what to expect from it.

After setting it up and getting it running for the first time I noted that it cleaned my floors very well and worked as advertised. I was happy but it only ran about 45 minutes and that was about enough to use one tank worth of cleaning solution (which is again… as advertised). I read on a blog somewhere about a bios update that my model needed for battery charging purposes (to extend the life of the battery by deep cycle charging or something to that affect…) and contacted service to get the update. They sent the OSMO updater free of charge and it was a very simple update.

After the program update, to my great surprise, it began running long enough to do two full tanks of cleaning solution!! No hardware was changed on the unit. It also seemed to be a bit smarter in its operation (i.e. moving around the room better instead of spending too much time in one area). I am now really happy with the unit and would recommend it with the update to anyone who has hard flooring.

You need a roomba too, or a broom. If you dont have a roomba yet get that one first… a 500 series. This guy has a very small screen filter and if I don’t sweep (well… roomba in my case) first it will get clogged with pet hair pretty quick. I really don’t mind since the roomba does those areas along with my carpeted living room automatically anyways and even when I was mopping myself I would sweep or roomba first.

Hmm what else… oh I got mine from bed bath and beyond and the one they sell does not come with the mat or the extra virtual wall. That makes this a pretty F’n sweet deal if you are in the market for it. Just remember many people are dissatisfied with these robots due to their own predispositions and failures to understand the limitations of the device. If you are someone who would be really pissed off because you have to update the firmware on your cleaning robot (at no cost to you other than a few minutes on hold with customer service) then stick with the old mop and bucket.

I take the Scooba over to my parents house when I visit and let it clean all their tile floors too… works great and of course they are amazed by it. The scooba juice (cleaning solution) is available on the irobot website and last I checked there was a coupon code on retailmenot.com for free shipping… came up to like $5 per bottle delivered for a six pack if I remember correctly…

At this price, buying new is a no brainer, if for no other reason then you get a 1 year warranty (Which is doubled to 2 years with Amex and many other credit cards), as opposed to a 90 day warranty for the refurb.

Don’t know what all the complaints are about. I have the bigger model and it has worked great for me. I set that guy to roam around my server rooms all day every day and it always picks up loads of dust every time.

Its a pain to clean it every day, but I can do it in less than 5 minutes and it saves me a whole lot of time instead of mopping.

Only complaint is that it often says “I’m stuck” when it isn’t stuck on anything. I just turn it off and back on and it goes on its merry way, like it never happened.

One other note, I quickly ran out of cleaning solution but I just put water in and it works fine. I only need it to pick up the dust that accumulates and it does its job.

bet the refurb doesnt come with the extra virtual wall and the mat… also the warranty on new is nice… ive only had to use my warranty for the OSMO but still… peace of mind.

yeah that is what I was thinking too i ended up wooting it . OSMO?

Same here. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Scooba.

I have heard good and band things about them…

Im in for one… Hope it is a good choice.

We have 4 dogs and a tile kitchen floor. We have the roomba and scooba and are happy with the results. We have had roomba 2 yrs. no problem just had to replace battery. The secret is to use them frequently before floor gets too dirty.

on irobot site is 39.99 for 7…

it updates the on board firmware on the scooba.

We really like and use our scooba a lot.

We have elderly cats and a toddler.

What people should keep in mind is that the Scooba is actually targetting a slightly different audience than the Roomba. Whereas the Roomba doesn’t clean quite as well as a regular vacuum, it does an admirable job that is ‘good enough’ for most and will result in the need to vacuum with a real vacuum less often.

The real appeal of the Scooba is that it actually cleans BETTER than regular mopping. Because it never recycles any dirty water, unlike mopping it disinfects the floor while cleaning, whereas mopping with a standard mop involves spreading the same dirty water all around.

The end result is that a Scooba will appeal more to those with small children and those that would prefer that the floor be as clean as possible, whereas the Roombas primary benefit is time saving as opposed to regular vacuuming.

You can also use white vinegar

Joining the other disgruntled…I bought this dadgum scooba from woot last year. After I screwed with the air pump thing and got the solution to come out it worked okay… for the first 40ish days. Then it would only work for about 3 minutes and then die! Buy a swiffer for daily/weekly get your kids on hands & knees twice a month. Works way better! :o)

I got a whole 4 sessions out of mine, with increasing amounts of water left on the floor. Get an extended warranty, or better yet, get a mop.

I bought a refurb from woot on black friday last year. It worked really well for the first 6 months or so, then it started to leave a trail of water. I could live with that but now the battery won’t hold a charge. This thing is great when it works, but I wouldn’t expect it to last. If investing this kind of money is ok for something that is expected to last 6-12 months, than buy it. It’s great while it works.