iRobot Scooba Floor Washing Robot

nice podcast tonight…

I’m sure it’s already been asked, but how powerful are these? Can I ride it to work, and show all of those snooty segway customers who’s the cheeze it?

my maid is cheaper. good night.

Dude, it is NOT a vacuum! (Although I LOVE my roomba for similar reasons)
Hello! This MOPS YOUR FLOORS (while you do OTHER STUFF like play with your kids), to a depth you have not even imagined – for those who have complained about the ‘black guck’ it leaves on your kitchen floor? THAT IS OLD MOP & GLO – ewwww! We thought the same thing for like 2 weeks but after about 12 or so scooba runs, our floor feels TOTALLY different: clean in a way that makes you want to sakte barefoot. No residue. No guck.
And yeah, ours broke. Probably because of overuse. They fixed it for free.

These things do an amazing job at cleaning your floor.

2 Caveats: First, it doesn’t get the floor as dry as they claim. It is still much drier than it would be with a mop.

Second, be sure to clean the traps after every use.

With that said, it WILL get your floor cleaner than your old mop. In fact, if you get the floor as clean as you think it can get, and then run Scooba a couple more times, you will be amazed at how much dirt it is still picking up.

I have had maids too.

Scooba cleans better than any of them.

The only thing that sucks about this is emptying the water our.
Cleaning up robot pee? Great.

Scooba is GREAT!
Bought one last wOOt! time and me (and wife) love it. (even though we have a small kitchen floor – also cleans the washroom - where the cat spends his time and makes messes.)
It really does get the floors MUCH CLEANER than ‘swiffer’ or your own wet mop. Mainly because it goes over’nover’nover the floor from different angles. Much more thouroughly than you will, honest. and it’s always clean water.
It’s really a clean floor when done. If you don’t have Scooba, and you have hard floors (sealed hardwood - ours are not sealed) get this wOOt!. It’s Great!

Yes the virtual walls are the same. I have a 2 roombas and 2 scoobas and i use the scooba on my tile not exactlly flat flooring and it works great. I ordered 3 the last time and have used two and sold the other to a friend. Would highly recommend.

ah…do you live in a closet??? 500 sq. feet is not much. are place is 1900 sq. feet and its modest… and it would be nice to be outside on the river or something other then working on keeping it clean
so maybe you need to come out of the closet

The podcast wasn’t bad.
g’nite Woot

The dog would destroy this thing in 5 minutes, not interested in the wine this week, and the side deal is meh (tiger direct) … long podcast today too

Oh well I’ll be back tomorrow night

Scooba is back. All washed up and in a new model. If I had the money and they weren’t ripping my kitchen floor out next week thanks to a leaky NEW refrigerator, I might grab up one of these wet woots. :slight_smile: How does it do on subflooring?

Available at my local Sam’s Club for 200 bucks…

Can you use other cleaning products with this, or are you stuck with the overpriced Clorox stuff? Can it be fooled?

So do you need to run the Roomba or sweep before running the Scooba? Or will it “prep” by vaccuuming too?

Ah, if only I had enough hard floors to make it worthwhile! As is, every single surface in my house, except my kitchen floor and front entryway (which probably amounts to 125 square feet total) is carpeted.

That said, I have a Roomba (got it during the last wootoff) and I absolutely adore it. It does a wonderful job on the carpets, and keeps them MUCH cleaner than I would otherwise. If the Scooba is as awesome as the Roomba, and if I had any hard floors to speak of, I’d be all over this.

that’s because iRobot just came out with a cheaper Scooba (not just less expensive, but CHEAPER as in less features)
Get this one - it’s the ORIGINAL with the max-runtime battery, the LED readout and the two button control and the virtual wall included (which looks different but works with RoomBa also). The only thing is the Scooba and RoomBa batteries and chargers are different.
Don’t be fooled by the cheap Scooba.

Not mine. You must have the knock-off or none at all.

They are ‘slightly’ different heights, so it is possible that you might run into a scenario where one doesn’t see the other, which is why iRobot claims they aren’t compatible, but in reality I have never had a problem using my Roomba virtual wall with my Scooba.

I love mine, and reviews are generally positive. There are a bunch of Scooba reviews here:

http://www.roombareview.com/chat/viewforum.php?f=10