iRobot Scooba Floor Washing Robot

Here’s the manual

I bought my Scooba 11/23/07 … so the Pergo’s been Scoob’ed for almost 3 years.

I will say that my Pergo slats fit very tightly together. There are no gaps, which probably helps prevent seepage.

CNet review… not sure on this one…

http://reviews.cnet.com/vacuum-cleaners/irobot-scooba-5900-robotic/1707-14098_7-31645010.html

Seems to be a software issue relating to the battery charger. Wonder if that’s been sorted. Evidently, white vinegar can be used rather than the Clorox solution.

@Pergo, this seems to leave the floors rather dry as it uses minimal liquid, so the floor expansion issue shouldn’t be too bad with the Pergo, but it is a concern if your floors are on the tight side. Likely better than a regular wet mop in this regard.

I have pre-finished hardwood floors. This would definitely not work for me because there are spaces between the boards.

I have googled this model and all i seem to find are horror stories about how poor the battery life is. Also do they make a scooba that auto docks like my roomba does? Seems like having a battery setup like this one would lead to a bad battery life. With people setting these units off before they go to work, odds are the Scoobas will spend quite a bit of their life with a discharged battery in them. My roomba on the other hand, runs around for 2 hours and then is docked and charge when I come home.

I’m curious about this as well. We just got laminate installed a month ago, and were told that Bona was the best thing to clean it with… can Bona be used with this Roomba?

The Jestons were real. The Scooba is magic.

This model isn’t on the current model lineup for iRobot. So I guess it’s safe to assume it has been discontinued.

Some reviews:

Evolution’s Mint Takes On The iRobot Scooba

Scooba Blog

PCmag

Vacuum Scout

The Scooba when running correctly does not leave a lot of water on the floor. The issue with laminate flooring is you just don’t want it to get too wet and you cannot count on the Roomba owner to supervise the run. iRobot will not take responsibility for that.

In answer to the person who was wondering about the charging base…Do you really want nasty water sitting on top of a warm battery to grow REALLY NASTY stuff you were trying to avoid in the first place?

Man created the grand caynon? REALLY?

I would assume the robot has to stop at some point no matter if it has a base or not. Reading some of the complaint forums about these things, most of them reference two different ways to charge the scooba, with the battery on the unit and off the unit. I’m just looking at this as a convenience. If I left work, turned the machine on, and came home with it charged on the base I could easily dump out the reservoir of nasty water, fill it back up and have the unit ready to go again. If I turn it on before work and come home to a roomba with a red blinking light in the middle of my kitch, still full of nasty water. I have to charge it another 12 hours and I’m left with a scooba that spends 8-10 hours a day with a discharged battery.

Also if I am using a chlorox based cleaning solution(or vinegar for that matter) growth in the reservoir would be limited to what happens from when I left work until I came home. Once the old solution was removed and the new solution put in, anything that was in the tank would be neutralized.

I hate when Woot magically deletes my posts!!! Seriously, what’s the deal?

As I said, it is interesting that the Scoobas have been missing for 2 years and now they have been on Woot twice in less than 30 days. In reviews, the 350 is superior to the 330 and 380. If Woot ever sells the 350 I’ll be in for 3…

Will this work with my Leak Frog?

Well, that’s typical for the manual to say about using only the special cleaning solution (or vinegar or tap water). But I’m sure someone in Woot was adventurous to see if they could put something else other than the “recommended” stuff.

So anybody?

Where’s the big orange button that says, I Don’t Want One? I like having a definitive choice.

Man created the grand caynon? REALLY?

no, women created it.

The Roomba batteries I have had - blue - run 2 full missions when new. You can run in the morning and still have a run left in the evening when you get home without growing a homebrew of germs in the tank. Granted, after a year or so, you may be down to 1.5 tanks per run. Just keep the tanks CLEAN and dry (flaps open) and don’t let the batteries sit charging and this will work for years! You may need to look into priming the pump as it appears this set does not come with that one important piece of equipment - a rubber bulb! Ebay!

You may clean the tank that day! Another person may think about it a week and a half later! Think about what iRobot would get in returns! YUK!