Iron Horse Bordeaux Blend - Three Pack

Let me be the first Washingtonian (state of) to jump in. Love big reds, and a comparison to our Columbia valley and Walla Walla reds should be interesting.

Would love to lab rat this one.

In for one. I have yet to pickup a bad 2005 from Northern California and I like their bubbly.

Anyone in North Carolina, DC, or NYC want to either give me one or grab 1-2 from me? I really only need one bottle but would take two. Anyone who’s interested in some sort of split please PM me. :slight_smile:

If I recall correctly, only the first offering of the week is now part of the lab rat program. No such luck on this one.

It gets a 3.5 Snoot rating. Good price here for that rating. I want to be a rat! :slight_smile:

Actually, this week at least, the Monday rats got the Wednesday and Friday offerings in the rat packages for reviewing. So, stay tuned for my rat review of the Bdx-3 tomorrow. One bottle (the Russian cuvee) is enough for me tonight . . .

Isn’t this about the anniversary of the bi-polar Woot Emergency Holiday Provisions Russian Roulette? I still have the two bottles that tasted like they were poured through a locker-room laundry bag - in case woot ever decides to answer my request for refund/replacement - and one unopened bottle I’m hoping is one of the fantastic ones, not a third or fourth wet dog of the litter.

Apropos this wine woot: How does this Bordeaux compare to that Super Tuscan? (the good ones, not the gym socks)

huh? PM me please.

All this wine talk is makin’ me THIRSTY! :wink:

Guess I’ll pour a glass of Montsant Falset 2006. Nice, albeit a bit earthy finish. I prefer a lighter, crisper finish. Why is it that wines are so variable? Coke tastes exactly the same everywhere in the world (except where it’s better because of the cane sugar instead of corn :wink: Why can’t these vintners figure out how to make the perfect wine for each style, and then just stick with it?

You need to bring that bottle over here then! You obviously have too much to drink and need help.

I’M IN! Thanks for the Wine Spies report!

WD - Please no rattage… Don’t really have an address (corporate housing in Tucson), and not in Denver much.

Geo from Denver (& Tucson)

EDIT: Oh yeah! Monday is the only offer with Rats - Nevermind my bad…

I thought I had scored when I found this in a store recently and bought the last 2 bottles. For $30. Plus tax. Oh well.

I’m in for my first wine.woot since the Spring. I was disappointed that we were not able to stop at Iron Horse on our way back from Mend’o a couple weeks ago, fearing we’d miss our flight out of Oakland. (We managed to hit Roessler, Seghesio, and a couple others on the way up.) I have high hopes for this blend.

Wine habit has turned into far too guilty of a pleasure. The stupidly large button shall be clicked tonight. Can’t wait to drink that last Cab Franc staring at me through the window of the fridge…

Because then wine would be boring. Like Coca-Cola.

In your .sig there is a link. It replies that I am not authorized to gaze upon your bounty. Why do you link to your cellar, but then deny access to we who click? :stuck_out_tongue:

And, too true. I don’t much care for sodas, although a DrPepper from Dublin, TX, made with pure cane sugar from Sugarland, really hits the spot on a 105F afternoon with a BBQ sandwich.

Looking forward to this. KS changed the wine shipping laws in July and now most of the wineries seem to be set up to ship to us. In for two, which makes me waiting on 16 bottles now total. I’m going to need a larger (and better) wine fridge.

God damn you, Wine Spies.

You have to be logged in to CellarTracker to view. If you don’t have a CT account then you can’t see. :slight_smile:

Most probably, you need a Cellartracker account in order to see other people’s cellars. It’s fast and painless to sign up, and it seems that many here use it.