Iron Horse New Year's Eve Kit (3)

How do you like the Club? I keep thinking about it.

Any chance of you being able to ship to Kansas? It’s been a while since I’ve bought a wine item from woot…

This much: I didn’t mention it in my earlier post, but when I re-structured my membership this summer to 2 shipments per year, I also doubled my allotment per shipment, partly because you can’t ever have too much Iron Horse, and partly because I was informed that there are a few wines available only in the larger allotment.

We have belonged to several wine clubs, and Iron Horse is the only one we have kept through the years.

Joy, what’s the disgorge date on these bottles?

Resistance is futile - this is must have bubbly for New Years’ Eve! (or for replenishing if you’ve already some of these wines and want to keep your stock level up…)

Since we’re in Florida for New Years’ Eve, this is a no brainer for me! No inventory there, so send it on, Joy!

I promised myself I wouldn’t get this, despite knowing exactly how good it all is. But this comment makes me want to jump in regardless. You are an evil guy :wink:

Pairs well with latkes? (Not helping, I know.)

I’m also thinking about buying, despite the fact that I’ll probably be out of town when this is delivered, and won’t be back until after NYE.

Send it to my place and I’ll hold it.

Send it to my place and I’ll drink it! :wink:

You guys…thank you. But no thanks.

If I succumb (who am I kidding?), I’ll have it delivered to the office, where it will be waiting for me in January. But I won’t get to enjoy it in front of the fire during my vacation!

So, send it to where you’re going to be.
I’ve had deliveries to friends you’re visiting, hotels. Perhaps even a FedEx location where you are going to be; all kinds of strange places will work.

Enjoy!

[edit] looking at the posts and purchases, whole lotta familiar names from the rpm tour drinking from the trough.

Yeah, thought of that, but Massachusetts is off-limits! Sadly, there’s no FedEx nearby (we’re not too far East of the NYS border, I’d make the drive if I could). Actually, Ron, you’ve given me an idea…

edit: Phooey, the nearest FedEx is 40 mins out of our way. Given the vagaries of the weather up there in December, I think my best option would be to stick with my original idea, and enjoy it over the course of 2015. (A hardship, I know.)

IH offer + tax + $10 shipping.
For me that totals $174.16.
I saved $66.17 supporting WD and Joy here.

Score for all.

All three of these wines arrived in my club shipment today, but we already had plans for a meal featuring the Iron Horse 2011 Estate Pinot Noir. I know, not a bubbly, but it was terrific with chicken in sun-dried tomato cream sauce.

Ack! This is why I should remember to avoid wine.woot in December. I shake my fist at the heavens and curse the Virginia legislature for denying me the ability to get wine.woot shipments.

If I could, I would be SO IN! It hurts that I cannot. So all you fence sitters, hop on down and thank your lucky stars!

I am left to console myself with memories of a magical evening with Joy and her parents at Iron Horse. And try to keep from finishing off all of the bottles I purchased there during the Tour before New Year’s Eve. I blush to admit that it’s more of a challenge than one would think.

I checked woot a day too late. I hate missing out on iron horse. Sad…

As if this weren’t already a terrific sale – my tracking info says I’ll have it on Wednesday! (And for some reason I think that’s accurate.) Problem solved! Way to go, WCC and IH!

edit #2: well, here it is, Christmas Eve, and despite my wishful notion that for once the FedEx tracking would accurately reflect the delivery date, it’s not to be. The estimated delivery is still today, but it’s not on the truck. This matches the pattern of all my other recent FedEx deliveries from w.woot – nothing, nothing, until a day or two before, when the wine gets to a transfer station in my area. Oh well, guess I’ll have go without bubbly for NYE! :wink:

Sorry I missed this offer, would have definitely ordered :frowning: