Iron Horse Rainbow Cuvee (2)

Good thing you missed day two with Cathy Corison then. Yet another case, easy.
And then day three with Peter Wellington, ouch!

First Sucker: ddeuddeg
Last Wooter to Woot: rjquillin
Last Purchase: a few seconds ago

Drinking window should not be a concern with any Iron Horse bubbly. This one is ready now, but my previously chronicled experience with a 1991 Wedding Cuvée, drunk in 2007 after a number of years of bad storage, yet still fresh and delicious, suggests that it will certainly last a year or two, if that’s your plan.

[winenotes]

ddeuddeg and I decided to open a 2010 Iron Horse Rainbow Cuvée from our cellar the other night, since we knew it was coming up as a “Back by Popular Demand” item. It is a 13.5% Blanc de Blancs Sparkling made from 100% estate grown Chardonnay grapes plus a dosage. It was light straw in color with many tiny bubbles. It had a refreshing feel on the nose. I’m afraid that I am not good at identifying the nose on a sparkling wine. I do know that it was really pleasant and that I liked it. I would characterize this sparkling as light and crisp and extremely enjoyable. It paired perfectly with our sea bass, snow peas and jasmine rice. The hints of apple and citrus on the palate are just a lovely combination. ddeuddeg already made his purchase. I will have to make mine—this from wine club members. :tongue:

IMO, there’s no way those two bottles ship for $7. Can’t help you with sales tax. That’s your state’s government.

I’ll be loving my IH.

I saw what you did there. But you have to figure in shipping and tax in the total final price. Nice try though.

Info post:
All tasting notes for this wine have been cross posted into CT under user name wine.woot_taster. User names have been removed to protect the guilty. PM me if you want your tasting note removed or user name added back.

Thanks and back to the wineing.

Thanks for the input! Not to jump the thread, but the Wooster gathering is coming up next week. Wish I could make it. Had a great time when we met you and bahwm, chip +SO and all the others! Not to forget Scott & Jana…Todd w/his info & samples!! I may give it one more try with those here & take the day off. My son is back from KY. Now time to go press that button!!

Hello Everyone
David Munksgard winemaker here. I’m here at the winery today taking good care of my yeast cultures for next weeks bottling of the 2014 Brut blend. Lots of microscope work checking out my lovely yeast!!
Our sparkling wines in many cases out live most cabernet sauvignons. This one is no different. This one is focused on stone fruit and white flowers. It should continue to stay that way for 3-5 years. Then the aged elements will add more ripe red apple and the yeast will start to come forward. Right now the intense fruit elements overshadows the yeast a bit. I’m drinking some now and holding more for a few years.
David

Thanks for that info. It explains why I didn’t get as much yeast as I usually expect from a good sparkler. Obviously, I’ll need to buy more while it’s still around, and hold it for a while.
It seems you’ve also validated my earlier comments about age-worthiness.

Too bad that there Amazon tie in has totally screwed me. I am trying to send some to friends getting married next month. But when I leave woot to Amazon, I get stuck with my wife’s Amazon account even though my login. And then it won’t place an order. You can guess my thoughts of woot at this point. And they promise to get back to me in 24 hours to tell me that “yes, you are screwed.”

Miss the days of 45 to 50% off was the norm, @ 34% its no different than Ralph’s so called 30% off “sale”. just saying…

+1
Yay for bahwm and ddeuddeg!

Where are your friends? They’re in a state on the shipping list for this wine? Could someone else try to place the order for you? Say, for example, someone in Buffalo. You have my phone number, and we’ll be home all evening.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. :wink:

That’s not the point to most of us. It’s final to-the-door per bottle price most of us track and care about. Myself included. True that shipping for the pair even using GSO (for us SoCal folk) is likely more like $12-15, but that doesn’t make the final price any lower.

I’m waffling on whether to go in for this…it’s expensive, but it’s a good deal. Got the B&D seal of approval, and Joy even stopped by! (Chag sameach Joy!)

You should be able to remove the connection in YOUR ACCOUNT. Then set it up again to the correct Amazon account.

shipping included is a big deal.

Thanks Joy and Dave from Iron Horse. you are a great partner.

And now you can deliver the Tut when you pick up the Rainbow!

Decisions decisions… I just had an unexpected large expensive (replace well pump) and shouldn’t even be considering this… buuuuttt…It is Iron Horse… I LOVE ther Ocean reserve and Wedding Cuvee…so, do I buy or be good?

I’m in!

Speed to First Woot:
5m 20.997s

First Sucker:
ddeuddeg

Last Wooter to Woot:
knlprez

Last Purchase:
a few seconds ago