Iron Horse Red White and Bubbly - 3 Pack

I can tell you that Iron Horse Bubbly is amazing. They make the Fairy Tale Cuvee for WDW Resorts and it is absolutely wonderful stuff. If is crisp, clean and has a high rate of carbonation. We have thoroughly enjoyed the Fairy Tale many times while watching the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom from the California Grill.

Is this a 3 pack or a 6 pack? If it is 6 I’m in for sure–If it’s actually 3–I’ll have to think about it!

Oh I’m lying–I’m definitely out–they don’t ship to Louisiana!

3 pack !!!

1 2008 Q Pinot Noir 
1 2009 M Chardonnay 
1 2006 Brut X

This darn well better be a three-pack, because I can tell myself it’s not a hardship to skip buying the three-pack at this price, but if it’s a six-pack, that would be too painful, and I am sort of on the broke side at the moment.

Ah, so looks as if I was wrong. I like being wrong sometimes!

Incidentally, for those who don’t know, the Cuvee X is the dryest of Iron Horse’s scale of 3-year sur-lie Sparklers. Super clean sharp stuff! Incidentally, on their scale it’s then the Classic, then Russian, then Wedding cuvees, I think, in ascending order of sweetness. Poss Classic/Wedding/Russian if I[m wrong. The sweetest is still at most medium-dry! Very good bubbles indeed.

You’re probably right on the Chard, but $85/bottle is what they show on their website for their 2008 PN Q. Must be something really special for that price :slight_smile:

Total production numbers from Joy’s VM:
Q Pinot: 150 cases
M Chard: 220 cases
Brut X: 500 cases

Thanks. According to the notes, it’s a toasty one, and with the stats, accessible, not European purist style, I think. Anyone remember the tasting of it and can share notes and tell us if it’s “big CA” or
“burgundian”, “restrained”, or “huge”, some kind of hybrid, or just sui generis?

That’s pretty much on point. The original idea for cooperages to use this process was that it results in less stave breakage during barrel construction. However, from the winemaker’s perspective, there is less time around fires for the creation of smoky/toasty notes in the surface of the barrel. Thus allowing for more fruit nuances to show through (though one should note that the toasting step of the manufacturing process still occurs to the winemaker’s specifications and should have more of an effect on the final product than the bending method used). Here’s a link to an article on the topic. Personally, I don’t think the tasting panel methodology is explained well enough (or possible just wasn’t thorough enough) for me to put a lot of faith into (you could also get into some stats arguments using 95% confidence intervals vs 99% and a few other things, but I digress). That said, I think the chemical data at the end is telling, even if there aren’t a lot of conclusions to be drawn from the sensory side…

http://www.practicalwinery.com/novdec10/waterBending1.htm

wha-wha-wha :wink:

Actually I’m glad this turned out to be a three pack, a six pack would be impossible to pass at this price!

kinda deceiving with the 6 bottles showing, but really only for 3.

sorry about that. fixed now.

I like Iron Horse, but not quite $127 like. Where’s the recession when you need it!

Not sure why it says that long … but as soon as it popped up, I was in.

I love Iron Horse sparklers. Joy’s Chardonnay and Pinot are also excellent. Usually, Iron Horse offerings are an “auto max buy” - but this one gives pause for only one reason - price. There is no question of the superb quality, only the prospect of SWMBO tossing me out on my ear if I spent $367 today…

+1 on the price…talk about a Black Tie Monday!

I really want to try Iron Horse Bubbly some day but not that much…bummer :-/

Good Morning! And thank you for asking. We are extremely proud of how beautifully our wines age. At home, the family is drinking 2005 Chardonnay … and that’s only because we are out of the 2004.

Very,very happy to be back. Great to “see” you again! This is the first time we have bottled “M” as an individual vineyard block. We made seven different Chardonnays in 2009 - the most ever. This is one of my favorites.

Would love some Iron Horse, and was about to buy last night, until I realized the deal is for three. Will $adly have to pa$$ thi$ time.

This is pure Iron Horse in style - signature cool climate Green Valley perfection. Restrained and elegant. I hesitate to use the word Burgundian because while our wines are very refined, the fruit is unmistakeably Sonoma.