Iron Horse UnOaked Chardonnay 3-Pack
$56.99 $̶9̶4̶.̶0̶0̶ 39% off List Price
2010 Iron Horse UnOaked Chardonnay
CT link above

Winery website

Speed to first woot: 1m 27.552s
First sucker: MarkDaSpark
Last wooter to woot: MarkDaSpark

Wow! Really? No one else jumped on this yet? It’s Iron Horse peeples!!

Edit: I am not weirded out by being first! Am not! Am not!!

I’m flabbergasted that I was first! :tongue:

Only one?!

3 bottles! Remember, I only got one of the Wellington case as well! :tongue:

I went to Iron Horse a few weeks ago and tried their sparkling offers and two Pinot Noirs. I have not tried any of their Chardonnays. Any tasting notes?

Well well well! I won’t be going in on this, only because I already have 6 bottles at home and one consumed already. molarchae and I both love this wine. It’s bright, crisp, interesting, refreshing, and just what an unoaked Chard ought to be. Tasting note from the first bottle (from CT):

3/18/2013 Nose is pear and semi-ripe cheese. Palate is apple, lemon, and slightly creamy. I’m left wondering if there’s a touch of residual sugar, barely at the level of perceptibility or if it’s just a more tropical note like mango. Excellent wine, and I may go get a bunch more to store away for a while.

Just Nom, nom, nom. :tongue:

Last wooter to woot:craiggery

first purchase in awhile. happy to be back and glad to see some Iron Horse. Cant wait to drink this stuff. any news on summer shipping as its starting to get a little warm and id like for these to not be cooked on arrival

No news on summer shipping yet, but once we find out anything, we’ll let you guys know ASAP.

This has got to be one of, if not the best, $20 chard I’ve had; speaking of the 2009. Purchased a case without even blinking.

Every time I open one up when company is over it brings nothing but praise.

Klez’s endorsement sot on and quite likely to tip me over, but I as sooo out of room.

One of my favorites from iron horse. I’m not a huge sparkling wine drinker and found their pinots to be pricey but this unoaked chard at this price is a great deal. Highly recommended.

Talk to the hand. zTimBz just got his 3 cases of Wellington and his Club case of Corison in. Oh, and my measly single Wellington case. :wink:

We’re going to need a gathering at our locker to help make room! Oh wait, we are!

Tried this at the end of our visit to Iron Horse on the rpm tour last summer. No detailed notes but I remember liking it and later regretting that I didn’t pick up a bottle or two. Now I’ll have three! :slight_smile:

Nice wine. Unexpectedly on the creamy/viscous side compared to most Unoaked Chards.

I’d be in, but I was able to snag some of this at my local Costco a few months ago and still have bottles left to drink.

And we have a Nallie sighting!!

Last wooter to woot: nallie

Our resident Ninja Assassin likes IH Chard!

Would love to see the Thomas Road Pinot on wine.woot some day…it was really yummy at the winery, but far too $$$ IMHO.

I had to chuckle at today’s kids woot :slight_smile:

Ah, Joy! This unoaked Chardonnay is one of my favorite Russian River Valley Chardonnays! Everyone who has been on woot for any length of time knows that I am a huge fan of Iron Horse sparklers - consistently one of the top 3 in California. I am almost equally a fan of their still wines: fine Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. The Chardonnay comes in a couple of versions - with or without oak aging, depending on what the winemaker thinks is best for the lot of fruit.

On our Tours, we have consistently found the unoaked Chardonnay to be one of the great, perhaps lesser known, values. Most really good California Chardonnay is pretty expensive, especially here on the East coast when compared to middle rank white Burgundy and Chablis. (Rare indeed is the California Chardonnay that soars to the heights of the grand cru Chablis or white Burgundy). More people should know this wine, but then it would get much more expensive. So, I hope it stays a little less known (sorry, Joy!!) so we can buy it.

While this wine can go several more years I think – the '09 is drinking beautifully – this is a wine you can, and our family will, enjoy this Summer.

Oh, yes, this is an rpm autobuy. Do not fail in this charge!

Pun intended??? :wink:

This would be an autobuy for me, but I already have 6 of the 2010 Chards. I’ll plan to pop one of those tonight and post notes.