Is It Me Your Looking For

What the what?

WTF?!

I-iiiiiiiiii don’t get it O_o

me neither.
scratching head

I really don’t have a desire to explain my shirts, to EVERYONE.

The “bah weep granah weep nini bong” is the universal greeting from the 1980’s Transformers animated movie.

And I’m guessing that the image is inspired by Eric Idle’s trash people in the movie which has the second appearance of the universal greeting (also features Weird Al’s ‘Dare to Be Stupid!’)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkRDtqO-21M

and random wiki for some more info:

I’m quite unsure what one has to do with the other, but the top part is the universal greeting! If it made more sense, that alone would be an instabuy!

Thank you so much for that. Wow. Uber-obscure.

Dang, JUST beat me to it! And I randomly happened to be rewatching the Dare to be Stupid part last week!

Top is Transformers. Middle is Lionel Richie “Is it me you’re looking for?” from a song. Whole thing plays off of Star Wars "These aren’t the droids you’re looking for. Hence why Lionel looks like Lando.

If you like the 80s, then this shirt fires on all cylinders. If not, then pass.

It’s not. Next, please.

I remember when I went back and re-watched the movie when I was older and realized what was actually playing in the background of that fight scene. That was a good day.

I can’t not smile when that scene comes on because of the sheer 80’s awesomeness of it all.

I see.
Yes, with it explained it makes perfect sense.
I heart the 80s … not so much transformers. Nice idea though! Props to the designer :slight_smile:

BTW, they’re called Junkions, not “trash people.” :slight_smile:

The shirt made slightly more sense to me when I thought the face was a robotic Lamont Sanford, though.

BTW, the name of the song is “Hello, is it me you’re looking for?”, emphasis mine.

I guess that does make more sense, then.

Funny, I didn’t get any of the references except for the Lionel Richie. I guess it is an 80’s thing. Sorry to see the shirt is out of print.
Diana