It’s The Rung Way

Since forever. The board I had as a kid had pictures of giant snakes all over it (and I’m not that old.)

Or maybe it’s one of those English/American things? The same way we have lifts and you have elevators.

ha. ladder day saints. i like it . . . not the shirt, just the description

It was called Snakes and Ladders in England from 1892-1943. Milton Bradley introduced the game to the U.S. in 1943 and changed the name and design to Chutes and Ladders. And now you know.

It’s a neat design, but too many people would ask “What it it?”
I’ll only have to shrug and say, “I dunno.”

Then they’ll say, “Why’d you buy it?”
And I’ll say, “… I dunno.”

Should have 4th and 5th places on derbies posted… I still want that Tetris Mondrian.

I thought the same thing :slight_smile:

Must be cuz the board i had as a kid had no snakes

Snakes and Ladders was the original name of the board game. The name was changed to Chutes and Ladders to be more family oriented (I don’t quite remember the story itself, but many very religious families banned playing the game when it was first created. The snakes were alluded to being evil, since you slide down them back to the beginning and were related to the snake in the story of Adam and Eve and sliding down to Hell. Pardon the know-it-all info on this one, but the hubby is a board game fanatic so I happen to know some useless knowledge regarding them.)

ah, ok. thanks. i just noticed this happening every night and couldn’t figure it out.

seems like a lot of work for two shirts. but to each his/her own.

Could be. I’m a Canuck and I had a Snakes and Ladders set.

poster.woot … definitely

pass

and knowing is half the battle . . .

I’ll bet a Monopoly Benjamin that this doesn’t sell out. Most.Confusing.Shirt.Ever.

See, now I thought of Phineas Gage when I saw this…and that will not drive me into purchasing this shirt, albeit a well done one.

ive been barking up that tree for a while now bud.

I almost like it, but certainly not going to buy it.

Right shirt but rung for me

71 seconds until first woot. Looks like the Day of Reckoning might be arriving early for this one.

I just thought it was hillarious when I got on and saw that Utah, The home of us “Ladder Day Saints”, had the most wooters wooting. I’m not in for it though.

Then they’ll say, “How much did you pay for that?”
And you’ll say, “Can we just change the subject, please?”

I don’t even get why the ladders don’t line up. Like, there’s one going into his neck, and a separate one going out the top of his head. What?

This is one of those shirts that makes you think when you see it.