It Was A Different Time

It Was A Different Time

1 Like

The best page of the comic book. This all used to be perfectly normal.

CLICK to see the design bigger!

itwasadifferenttime-detail1

PLEASE CLICK! ^^^ I know I’m asking for extra effort here, but when the King of Details throws a derby, you had better bring the details. Right @kg07 ?

Thanks for looking :smiley:
-Spiritgreen

You NAILED those illustrations.

1 Like

Fantastic work, Spiritgreen!!!

1 Like

great work! GMV!!!

1 Like

Great work, Spirit. :slight_smile: Very cute, funny, and spot on stylistically.

1 Like

Thanks I took my time and tried really hard to get into it. :slight_smile: It probably would’ve taken Apelad twenty minutes.

Really like most of the ads but think it would have been stronger if they where all separate designs on there own or in smaller clusters. Seem so cluttered for one tee … Pet Cigarettes, Gum, Daggers, Guillotine, Sandwich, Vipers, Bot, Monkey… ARE Awesome just by themselves. You nailed the style! :slight_smile: Just thought the header “World of Junk” below just one item…Fake-Ad1

1 Like

It would kinda work as singles too, yeah! Thanks for the suggestion.

Now, THIS is a shirt!

1 Like

!! (always puzzled why some stuff is immediately in the fog and other (awesome) stuff is not. I assume this will eventually make its way up there.

1 Like

Soo old post!! but soo cool

1 Like

I am 10 again. Thank you.

1 Like

This is awesome, but I do get puzzled by the contradictions of what I’m told by Woot and other artists.
A) Don’t choose white as a shirt color. People don’t like white.
B) Don’t make it too busy. Needs to be readable by people walking by and glancing at it.

This goes against both of these things and everyone loves it. Just saying :wink:

A & B are both true.
You forgot C: @Spiritgreen is awesomely creative and has incredible execution.

That will typically elevate any existing norms. That said, it’s only been flirting with the fog, so it’s likely that A&B are still holding him back to a degree. The design is amazingly fun – but people don’t want others staring at their chests trying to read it all.*

*I will probably buy it anyway

1 Like

The ad for getting the page on a T-shirt is a nice touch.

Wondering where the sea monkeys are. In the barrel, maybe?

Sorry to be blunt, but I think the lack of 30-40 automatic friend and family votes may be the actual reason this one is not in the fog.

Good question. Let me find their TV commerical…

"Mooom, all the other kids at school have sea monkeys. Why do I have amoebic dysentery? Ralf keeps picking on me.

Well Timmy, that’s a different company. We’re a Hinjinks catalog family and sea monkeys are for losers - and besides, if you slip some of your amoebas into Ralf’s milk at school today, you know what? He’ll get bloody diarrhea.

Woah, cool! Thanks Mom, you’re the best.

HIJINKS ♪ - the best toys and tricks in town! ♪"

1 Like

giphy%20(6)