item not same as specs

I bought Dell MAR OPTIPLEX 9020 SFF PC INTEL I5-4570 3.20Ghz, 8GB DDR4, 500GB SATA, INTEL-HD4600, W10P (Open Box) on November 10th, 2018. The specs say it has 8 gigs of memory, expandable to 16 gigs. I have not even turned the thing on because I wanted to do a couple of upgrades like a HDMI video card and more memory. I tried to open the case but the latch would not release correctly so that was a headache in itself. I finally got a graphics card recently and installed. Since the specs don’t say clock speed of the RAM I wanted to pull a stick to see what it was. I was more than a little surprised and pissed to see four memory slots instead of the two listed in the specs. It had 8 gigs of memory but it was a 4 gig stick and two 2 gig sticks. There was no description of clock speed (1600, 2400, etc) and nothing on the stick saying it was DDR4 as the specs listed. So what the hell did they send me?

So my question to the community is that since the computer was not set up according to the specs listed shouldn’t I be able to return it even though the warranty has lapsed? Thanks for your help

Hi there. I’m sorry for the differences on the memory slots. The specs said the memory was DDR4. Is there a number on the memory that you can search?

I’m not sure what we can do as the item is out of warranty but you might contact CS to see what they suggest.