iTouchless MX-Series Trash Can

We bought one of these from Costco and I would not recommend buying one. It work intermittently and putting a new bag in is a pain. We use it, without the lid, in the pantry now.

we got something similar via amazon I think and it works great. Still going strong on the same batteries for months now. It does take a quick second to sense and open, but well worth it for hands-free operation. Super easy to change bags - turn off, lift top off, lift ring, remove old bag/insert new bag… reverse those steps. We also get compliments as guests are startled by it at first - haha.

When dumping extensively into it, best to hit the open button and it stays open until you hit the close button.

I bought the regular MX13 back in December and I love it. I will never switch back to a regular can again. When cooking or your hands are dirty it is extremely easy just to wave the garbage in front of the can and drop it in. Then just walk away. If you need the can open longer you can press the button and it stays open for maybe 5 minutes and then will shut again. This is nice in case you forget to shut it after using the button. Very rarely does it accidently open as the sensor faces almost vertical. In my experience you really have to lean over it for it to accidently open and we have ours right next to a major walkway in our home. I have not had to change the batteries yet and I am going on almost 8 months of use.

I will say this is my experience. My girlfried’s experience is not the same. I don’t think she likes it but also doesn’t hate it. Previously we had a garbage can that was touch to open and close. I absolutely hated touching a dirty garbage can all the time but that can didn’t bother her at all. So maybe your experience will vary depending on your prefrence?

i would say once a month or 1.5 months.

My husband had the same issue…there is an open and close button so that you can control the time it’s open…even better, if you forget to hit the close button and walk away, it will close about 3 minutes later! :slight_smile:

Depending on your usage, but in general, the batteries can last up to 1 year. Of course, the more you use it on a daily basis, the shorter the battery life will last. Hope this helps!

Happy Wooting!

Thank you dfran1 but apparently some have not seen this part of your comment. I agree with what you said as it appears that many of the comments are not about this model at all. It’s very distracting when you want to know about real experiences (with this exact model) before you buy!

To what I know, the trash can uses infrared sensor. In order for the lid to stay up, you have to cut the beam emitted from it. Personally, I think the one second of delay is acceptable, or it would be too sensitive and make the lid going up and down all the time.

I also like the ring that holds the trash bag in place. Before I use this trash can, even the smaller ones, I had to fix the bag every time I throw something heavy inside. Yet, it’s not a problem any more.

All was not revealed, and the cutesy stuff is getting annoying. Oh, and I bought this can last time woot offered it. Happy with it, very annoyed with woot for the silly games. Just tell us what it is already. The humor goes out of it pretty quickly.

We’re revving up for our 10th birthday so you’ll have to put up with it for this week.

Can’t recommend this. The trash can is square, trash bags are not. Trash bags get caught on the lip inside the can, and become quite a pain to get out of the can when the bag is full.

Have one at home and love it. Carbon filters are just big bags of ground up charcoal. The basket to hold them is kind of flimsy. Overall, though, it actually does deodorize the trash a little. Except for when your dog tips it over, rips out the carbon filter, and mashes it into the carpet…

I’ve been watching this come up now and again for a few months, so I think I’m going to bite the bullet and try it out.

Want!

My dog can open ours. Good thing it’s tall and she’s not.

OK, I think I get it. I think.

I purchased a model available (iTouchless IT13MXP Extra-Wide Touchless Trashcan® 13 Gallon) on a previous woot for my mom. She likes the (now) broken foot action trashcan I got her a few years ago from Costco better, even though this touch-less one was intended to be a replacement for the broken one. The opening on this can is smaller and square-ish (compared to the broken one). Due to the shape of the container, she does not feel these trash bags are filled enough. I have observed her cats make a game of opening it… The cats are smart and it is funny to watch! After a few months use (~April-July), there have been no complaints on the battery life and the container still looks nice, even though it really does seem a bit small for a 13 gallon container.