"It's was affective" - WTF?

Surely there are unemployed English majors Woot! could hire to proofread? :wink:

Listen, @notmatty is busy caring for Ruby, who is supposed to be my dog but hasn’t made the trek down here to Oregon from Seattle. That leaves him little time to do silly things like spell words correctly. :wink:

Assuming he’s the one who made that error, of course.

3 Likes

It’s a Pokémon reference.

But Shirt should have used Grammar and that would have been Super Effective.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

3 Likes

Grammar.

Pokemon Reaction GIF

3 Likes

I fixed it. I fixed it. Lol. Slid right past autocorrect too.

2 Likes

Thank you. :smiley:

2 Likes

Ah, I see. I was born just a a little too soon for Pokemon, and I don’t know anything about it. Thanks for clearing that up :+1:

2 Likes

Grammer, Its supper affective…

4 Likes

top 100 movie quotes surely you cant be serious GIF

4 Likes

Ahhhh ha ha ha, I see what you did there

Proud Season 3 GIF by Paramount+

4 Likes

As a automobile aficionado and precision driver, you may weep reading how some damage their cars (Oh noos!) while dedicated to removing themselves from the gene pool.

It needed to be explained because users playing Pokémon Go while driving also took out pedestrians (seriously yes) and resulted in a “disproportionate increase in crashes near PokéStops”

I remember back about 5 years ago all the people doing truly stupid things while playing that game, like falling off cliffs, wandering into traffic, climbing into dangerous animal enclosures at zoos, and getting into car wrecks. They say full 23% of the population is below average intelligence…

1 Like

If IQ is truly a symmetric distribution and 100 is average, no wonder our society is in deep doo.

It’s surprisingly symmetric - the percentage of “below average” but not cognitively impaired is about equal to those of “above average” intelligence, 16%. Those bracketed beneath “below average” make up about 7% of the population (a surprisingly large number), and those higher than “above average” equal 8%. I believe most of those categorized as “cognitively impaired” are well-supervised and don’t generally factor into things like Pokemon Go accidents or automobile crashes or the like. Frankly, the vast majority of people I’ve seen do stupid things are of plainly average intelligence, the core of the population around 52%. It’s those people you really have to watch out for! :rofl:

2 Likes

Since “common sense is not common,” what appears to be “average” is concerning.

2 Likes