iWoot

Today I ran across a website called “iwoot” while researching one of the products offered on Woot. Apparently it stands for “I Want One Of Those” – any relationship to Woot?

Hm… https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Want_One_of_Those

With wiki in mind I had a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woot and it seems to me that Woot (maybe TT) might want to have a look at it. It appears to be a little out of step with the current Woot ecosystem…

Ha ha. Maybe in June 2010 when Amazon acquires Woot they’ll fix it.

They’ve been around since 2004 so not much to be done.

I meant that some of the information on the Wiki site about Woot seems outdated and that maybe someone at Woot might have a looksee and tweak it as necessary.

Some examples:

• “The BOC has been known to sell out in a matter of hours…” As long as I have been around (since 2012) a BOC sells out in seconds.
  • "Woot does not reveal sales figures unless the item sells out or a new item is for sale. " – Woot has had a “Sales Stats” tab for as long I can remember.
  • "Woot sometimes sells refurbished items. " – Woot sells refurbished items EVERY day.

Also, (interestingly enough) I noticed that iWoot has been around since 2000 and Woot started in 2004 :w_curious:

Don’t forget about the Woot categories which no longer exist, and the fact that it says that “Woot sometimes sells refurbished items”.

Woot sometimes sells refurbished items you know, don’t forget that.

I was focused on the term ‘sometimes’, though I guess it depends on how you define it.

Yep. From time-to-time. Like from midnight time to the next midnight time. LOL

The fact that the wiki page is so out of date when ANYBODY amongst the legions of Woot fans could have updated it is interesting. Clearly, Wootazon doesn’t feel the need. They can’t even get their sale pages updated without intervention from the Woot mob.

But like any cult, the Woot cult members perhaps are hesitant to monkey with the sacred historical texts.

It is possible to login and make changes yourself. Not that I have time to do it.

Want to create an account for me then? :stuck_out_tongue:

What did you do to get banned from Wikipedia?

1 Like

It’s actually one of a few sites which I’m NOT banned from.