J. Bookwalter Readers Cab Sauvignon (4)

J. Bookwalter Readers Cabernet Sauvignon 4-Pack
$69.99 $132.00 47% off List Price
2014 J. Bookwalter Readers Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley

This one looks interesting. Any rats… err, Debaters?

Drink this stuff until you’re well read.

Nice review: http://www.internationalwinereport.com/latest-reports/reports-usa/229-washington-state/columbia-valley/6957-2014-j-bookwalter-readers-cabernet

made it a little easier… cheers!

Kyle and I debated the Merlot a little while back, I’d imagine this is made in a similar style.

Was introduced to J. Bookwalter wines a few years ago when I had the pleasure of sitting with John Bookwalter at a wine dinner featuring his wines. Great guy, very passionate about his wine! Every J. Bookwalter wine we’ve had (syrah cabs merlots and blends) has been very good, although I have not had this particular one featured today.

Is this winery privately owned or is it another asset in the Precept portfolio?

As far as I know, they are still privately owned. Also, from what I recall, one of the oldest Wineries in Washington State.

This winery is privately owned, and not a part of the Precept portfolio.

We should have a grape debater chiming in today!

thank you.

I’ve been enjoying Bookwalter wines (made by Jerry, not his son John) since they came out with their first retail wine, a 1983 Johannesburg Riesling, that remains one of the best Rieslings I’ve ever drank. As Jerry progressed into reds, he just kept getting better. While I haven’t had this particular vintage, I’m sure it’s a winner!

Where for art thou, Debatero?