J. Dusi Paso Robles Pinot Grigio

J. Dusi Paso Robles Pinot Grigio 6-Pack
$59.99 (Normally $119.20) 50% off List Price
2012 J. Dusi Pinot Grigio
CT link above

Winery website

I didn’t realize there was PG planted in Paso in a large enough quantity to bottle.

Cesare says, “Be vewy, vewy quiet. I’m hunting winks.”

Vewy quietly winks @Cesare.

LOL :heart:

Another one we sampled in Austin here.

*Disclaimer: I maintain a decent size collection at home and we have ZERO whites in inventory

So… in my best “most interesting man in the world” voice… I don’t often drink whites, but when I do it’s Pinot Grigio (My wife on the other hand prefers Sauvignon Blanc so she was not a fan of this one).

Long story short, I thought this was pretty good.

• Love the color and clarity.
  • Flavor wise, I got some citrus and a little banana.
  • Dry and refreshing, good for a hot summer day.
  • Looks like a nice price too! :slight_smile:

Wow, you are even more hardcore than me. I’ve got some whites in my collection despite my handle :slight_smile:

I would almost always take a Sauvignon Blanc vs a Pinot Grigio, and this one didn’t do anything to sway me. I got a very strong hit of banana from this with a slight metallic twinge. Thankfully, it didn’t have the sweetness that really turns me off to some Pinot Grigios. I rated it a 6/10.

Checking the non-wooters note sheets, one person said this was crisp/dry/and citrusy and gave it 3 out of 4 stars.

Any idea of RS? I hear and see dry, but would like some specifics.

I had the pleasure to taste through Janell’s lineup last July from the beautiful view of the Dusi estate. All the wines were very good, clean fruit, restrained, and well balanced. The Pinot Gris I tried (2011) was quite good.

Personally don’t think you can go wrong at this price. Sorry I don’t have more detailed notes. I ended up coming home with Syrah, Carignan, and Zin.

Great to see J. Dusi back on woot!

And what can we expect the prime drinkability window to be? Will it hold out to 2015?

Don’t know this wine, so I should not comment but I will anyway :slight_smile:

Generally speaking IMHO Pinot Grigio is meant to be enjoyed fresh, and the fresher the better, no matter the origin. Not saying they get bottled today and downhill tomorrow, but if I were a buyer this wine would be sipped and enjoyed this summer.

Thank you. I just ordered a double, so I shall share it with others in the family. :slight_smile:

I would love to grab a couple bottles off someone if possible. I am pretty much at capacity right now.

Banana in peoples description of this wine is scaring me off.

Hi all,

Yes there is a small amount of PG planted in Paso Robles, and the fruit quality is Great! Our Vineyard on the West side of Paso and still in that Templeton Gap area that cools down very quickly during the hot summer days.

There is a lot of tropical and fruit on the nose! Enjoy this Summer for the fresh crispness!

Cheers, Janell Dusi

RS is 0.3%

[QUOTE=hokiedevil, post:6, topic:377816]
Another one we sampled in Austin here.

*Disclaimer: I maintain a decent size collection at home and we have ZERO whites in inventory

Amen Brother, none in my wine racks also

There is an array of tropical notes in the nose, but I believe the presence on the palate is more apricots and peaches. Dry, yet full of fruit!

[QUOTE=fredrinaldi]

Then, no time better than this deal to start stocking up for the warmer months fast ahead! This Pinot Grigio is a local hot item that sells out because it is perfect weight for lunch, first course and warm weather. At this price, there is always someone that wants to start with a white wine!

Thanks for jumping on line! Someone mentioned metallic taste…can you comment on that? Also, is this best served chilled, semi chilled, or room temp (for the full expression to come through).