J Vineyards - Four Pack

It takes a while, and it depends on the winery. I’d say give it between two weeks and a month before you see it ship.

I ordered the Clif Climber Red on June 9th - it arrived on June 25th in KS

whoa - oh my… well i suppose i best tell my friend for whom i had ordered the wine to not be expecting it anytime soon then.

thanks!

J stands for Jordan only in as much as the vineyard was founded by the daughter of Tom Jordan, Judy, in 1986 who built it as its own independent winery.
They make excellent wines however and are a much more well known/regarded winery than is normally found on W00t.
I love their chards, but have not tried the viognier.

I looked back through my orders and found that most of them shipped out around 10 days after I ordered them.

Is the elongated S-looking symbol on the Chardonnay label supposed to be the integral symbol? If so, I might have to reconsider my bias against Chardonnays!

I’m guessing it’s a J, though I can’t really explain my reasoning.

Since the shipping is done at the individual wineries, it can vary a lot on when it leaves. Plus during the summer (for southern destinations especially), they try to time the shipping so the bottles won’t be stuck in a hot warehouse somewhere over a weekend.

A similar delay can happen in the winter for northern climates during real cold snaps too.

All in all, I’ve learned to not panic until 3 weeks or so from ordering during the summer since I live in Houston.

The previous Kunde Viognier offering has gotten viognier to the top of my fav white varietals. If not for the 6 White Zeppelin on the way I would buy this just for the Viognier.

This is an interesting offering. I’ve had a few J wines over the years and they’ve been generally good, if a little pricey. Russian River Chardonnay is almost always worth trying, and the Alexander Valley (warmer climate) seems like a good place for Viognier, though I haven’t tried it. Nice combination. Unless you’re cash-strapped or hate Chardonnay, worth a shot on the numbers and descriptions.

In for sure–first sucker! I am new to woot but not to J. We lived in Santa Rosa for a year and J was on our “farewell tour.” Definitely worth a visit for their unique tasting with small bites of food paired with the wines, and definitely worth reliving it! Here is where Judy Jordan came from:

and their wines are incredible too.

As far as I know, it is believed that the acidity and the sugar in a white wine are what allow them to age. Rieslings and sweet whites age well because of the sugar content. Dry whites will age well if they have good acidity. 2007 isn’t too old. 2009 whites from the northern hemisphere are coming out now for the most part. I’m not sure I would hold onto these for more than a year or two, but they shouldn’t be over the hill yet.

[How good is this deal?](http://bit.ly/9QK4BV" title="How good is this deal?)

Lookin’ at a pretty solid deal here. Fun thing to note: The winery provides a 10% discount on the Chardonnay when the order includes a full case (a wooting of 3). This discount is NOT applied to the Viognier, which is labeled as a “specialty” wine.

Click the link above for full discount details, CT links, etc.

So much for the SIWBM, which was already teetering on this offer.

I do. I make this one at least a couple of times every summer. Great for a picnic supper at the park before enjoying the free Shakespeare play.

This guy is the winemaker

Wow this is reaaaalllly tempting…

Hello, Elisa here from J Vineyards & Winery, very excited to be part of the Woot group today and thought I would chime in to answers your questions.

J stands for Judy Jordan, Founder and President of J Vineyards & Winery and second generation vintner, chose to honor her family’s heritage with a courageous and different path. Respecting her family and the Jordan Winery, Judy decided as a young woman to build her own brand and winery.

Learn more: http://www.jwine.com/AboutUs/StoryOfJ/

Here are some recipes for the J Chardonnay, created by our Executive Chef, Mark E. Caldwell: http://www.jwine.com/Entertain/Recipes/Chardonnay/

Hope this help.

Here are a few more brief reviews on the 2007 J Vineyards RRV Chardonnay:

California Grapevine, 90 Points
Restaurant Wine, 4 stars
KSRO Radio, Best Whites: J Chardonnay
Robb Report, Featured in the story “100 Perfect Pours”
San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition 2010: God Medal
The Tasting Panel, 91 Points
Wine Enthusiast, 90 Points
Wine Review Online, 90 Points
Sun Sentinel, “J Vineyards Excels with White and Red Wines”