Jabra BT2040 Bluetooth Headset

T just tore one open, took about a minute and yes, there are 6 AAAA baterries inside, just saved a boat load of money! Ordered 3!

Cool, i finally saw my name up there as last wooter to woot. never happens over at reg woot.

lame i know…

not crazy about my HS820… these are cheap enough… and just like flash drives and micro SD cards… you can’t have too many bluetooths!

Or is it blueteeth if it’s plural? Anyone have an answer? Anyone? Anyone?

'nite all!

I got one of these from Fry’s for about the same price over the summer, the batteries are about $2 each there however Rosewood is right and they are way cheaper in the 9v package.
The only thing to remember is that the polarity is reversed on the ones in the 9v packages, the body (flat end) is positive and the end with the “nipple” is the negative. I had to check it with my meter before I was convinced.
I took apart the battery that it came with to get the end cap (nipple part) to make the battery a good solid fit.

wiki sayz:
" These batteries are not as popular as AAA or AA type batteries, and can be quite hard to find."

d’oh

Is it possible to have TOO many bluetooth earpieces?

Idk…there’s too many true or false videos on there. Are there really 6 inside a 9volt?

This needs to be posted in the “quality posts” section instead of all the glittery product hyping posts. Nobody is going to buy this thing if they can’t find the AAAA batteries that run it… PROBLEM SOLVED.

Hurf? Durf?

edit: Yes, it is true… there is no such thing as a single “9 volt CELL”, so they wire 6 1.5v batteries together in series (6x1.5v = 9v nominal) to make a 9v battery. I’ve seen ones that blew themselves apart over time and in the acidic mess, I saw the 6 cells wired together (being “blown apart” was NOT the result/effect of taking one apart, it was in an old 9v device and I just happened to see it). You can’t blow up/melt/damage the battery by taking the casing apart though, so following the video’s instructions is actually safe.

yeh, the 9 volt thing is true, be warned though, some 9 volts just have 1.5v cells inside wrapped in plasticy stuff, that aren’t AAAAs. I think thats just the really cheap kind tho.

You got that right. Here is a Dollar Tree special (2-pk sunbeam 9V for…you guessed it, $1) busted open. L**OL at the “Dickie Power” branded wrapper put on inside-out to sell as “Sunbeam” brand instead!

http://www.cisengineer.com/auctions/images/101/355/560_nineV.jpg

Not according to http://www.snopes.com/photos/humor/batteryhack.asp

im down for 3 just because i can give these to people i never sent anything for Christmas and can claim they got sent back to my house

Oh my god and WOW!!! Holy stinking crap. That’s one crappy battery. 6 cells alright, but not AAAA’s… just mushed together “somethings”!

Well I guess it may not work for all 9v batteries, maybe just Duracell. Might have to find a brand that reliably uses AAAA’s internally :wink:

Hmmmmm… Being I do not use a cell phone - I’m thinking, no.

For what it’s worth though, I LOVE the Jabra Noise Canceling Headphones that I picked up on Woot for $49

This thing works good for indoors use, but once you take it out into any bit of noise, you might as well just hang up!

It would NOT hook up to my PS3 either - bought it at BB for $12.99 and took it back yesterday!

AVOID unless you are using it in a relatively quiet environment!

AAAA = 2X AA duh!! of course that may be heavy on your ear!

just kidding, wal-mart/walgreens/and large retailer of crap should carry them.

Gee, once you find them you know were they are sold. Buy a 10 pack and that will last a while then one night when you’re draggin ur lazy butt home from the bar, stop and get another 10 pack.

Radio Shack regularly stocks AAAA batteries.

And for the hackerish types, some 9V batteries contain cells which are very close to size in AAAA (slightly shorter).

Edit - Why is there a word filter on s-t-o-c-k-s??

The snopes article is about 6V batteries.

Not ALL 9V batteries contain AAAA cells, but some do. Snopes even links to an article showing a disassembled Energizer 9V.

Worthless, uncomfortable to use and completely devours batteries. I threw mine in the trash.